Volvo XC90 This mid-sized SUV offers the driver and passengers Volvo luxury and quality with sport utility capability.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any 2017 XC90 owners out there? Bugs fixed?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2016, 07:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any 2017 XC90 owners out there? Bugs fixed?

Hello:

We are considering buying the 2017 XC90 but before I pull the trigger I want to confirm that the bugs have been fixed. based on the answer from our salesman, I think that many of the problems on this site for the 2016 XC90 are valid.

I love the car but I can't handle the glitches. Anyone with a 2017 XC90? What has been your experience?

Thanks!

Old 11-22-2016, 11:33 AM

Hi,
We bought ours on Oct 30, 2016. 2017 XC90 Momentum with Vision, Climate, and Convenience Package. No problems so far and we absolutely love the car.

Calvin

Old 12-11-2016, 09:29 PM

Purchased a 2017 Inscription last week. I let it set for one week, and the battery was totally dead. Had to call Volvo Roadside Assistance; they jumped it and it is working fine. I will bring it to the dealer to check the battery and if there is any fugitive electrical draw. The tow driver said that he has seen this several times; he said that Volvo has been having trouble with the battery.
otherwise, love the car - my 5th Volvo (including 2 XC90's, 1 XC 60 and 1 C60. Looking forward to driving it more!

Old 12-12-2016, 10:39 AM
Default Purchased 2017 XC90

Purchased 2017 Volvo XC90 Momentum + with fully loaded.

While I am enjoying my first Volvo and the technology, I am having difficult time configuring the settings. I set lots of setting using center console when engine starts, but later on, I see the setting is disabled, such as seat heating, rear defroster, fan or seat settings. Also, things like lane assist works randomly, City Safety control gets activiated even when there is no collision.

I other big thing I noticed is that sometimes the fan is making loud noise (Like trumpet).

I need to take to local dealer to check it out.
Hope this is helpful for the new buyers

Raj

Old 12-12-2016, 07:12 PM

I have a 2017 that has issues. I took delivery of my Inscription on Nov 18th and on my way home the left rear turn signal started to malfunction. The next morning before calling Volvo I found that the vision package was no longer working, and my center console screen was dead. No radio, no a/c - heat, no nav, nothing that is controlled through that screen, which is pretty much everything. Volvo picked up the car and returned it five days later. After getting the car back I have found that the car will randomly turn itself off when I hop out to open my gate. Three days ago I go out and find the car sitting oddly high. The vision package and screen once again are also not working. Volvo again came and picked up the car. The update today was that they installed three software changes and want to hold it for a couple days to see if it worked. They don't seem to know why there are issues, nor how to fix them confidently.

I'm afraid I should have listened to my husband when he told me to cancel the order four months into my three month build time.

Old 04-03-2017, 07:32 PM
Default 2017 xc90

Originally Posted by dhimsey
Purchased a 2017 Inscription last week. I let it set for one week, and the battery was totally dead. Had to call Volvo Roadside Assistance; they jumped it and it is working fine. I will bring it to the dealer to check the battery and if there is any fugitive electrical draw. The tow driver said that he has seen this several times; he said that Volvo has been having trouble with the battery.
otherwise, love the car - my 5th Volvo (including 2 XC90's, 1 XC 60 and 1 C60. Looking forward to driving it more!

My car sat for a week last week and was dead this morning. I jumped it and drove it for 20 minutes, dead again when I tried to start it. It is in the shop now but I can tell you I'm not happy. I haven't even put the plates on the car yet and I have dead battery issues. I'm sorry to see others have had this issue, but I'm happy to know I'm not alone. Anyone having issues with he key fob recognizing you? My old Volvo was an XC70, when I walked up the seats moved into position and the doors unlocked. This car does not work the same way and I have to manually push the button to unlock the doors and set the seats. The dealership acts like this is normal. they even told my wife she left "something on" in the car and that is why the battery died. This car will shut itself off if left "on"....

Old 04-05-2017, 01:20 PM

Follow up to my previous post. Volvo reissued an update for the dead battery issue in the xc90. The update was released in February, if you have a 2017 XC90, take it in before you get stranded!

Old 04-15-2017, 08:06 PM

Jump in and buy the car, you won't be sorry!! The trick is to make sure that your software has been updated with the most recent fixes. My car was manufactured in January 2017, I bought it March 20. Momentum Plus in magic blue, amber interior with upgraded seats, 20 " wheels, convenience, vision and cold weather packages. It took about an hour to get all the software upgrades done when I picked up the car.

You want to find a good mechanic, a master Volvo mechanic if possible. And read the forums. I just set up my XC90 for towing and the information on hitches, software updated and brake controllers was very helpful.

I too worried about the reported problems. Especially after reading Consumer Reports. But absolutely no issues. There is a learning curve to all the technology but that is the fun part!

The Inscription trim is very popular but you can get many of the same options on the Momentum plus which I think has a more attractive grill. The perforated leather seats on the Inscripiton are harder to keep clean. I saved close to 9K!

Warning about the heated windshield, takes some getting used to as you can see the wires. But I love the heated steering wheel!

Old 05-16-2017, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by dhimsey
I also bought a 2017 xc90 and had the battery die the first week we had it. We actually had this problem three times along with other problems. the newest problem we have is the cooling fan continues to run up to 15 min after car is shut off and is extremely load. does anyone else have this problem??