Volvo XC90 This mid-sized SUV offers the driver and passengers Volvo luxury and quality with sport utility capability.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any happy 2016 XC90 owners?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2016, 09:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any happy 2016 XC90 owners?

About to pull the trigger but I can't seem to find anyone that loves their car. I'm aware that most people post online to complain and/or get help but usually there are more readily accessible, verifiably-not-astroturfing positive stories than I've been able to find.

Old 01-17-2016, 07:19 PM
Default amazing SUV

Was skeptical after reading the posts. Took delivery of an R Design on 12/19 and think the vehicle is amazing. Learn something new that it does everyday. We love it and don't think there is another vehicle that comes close.
Originally Posted by Thatman
About to pull the trigger but I can't seem to find anyone that loves their car. I'm aware that most people post online to complain and/or get help but usually there are more readily accessible, verifiably-not-astroturfing positive stories than I've been able to find.

Old 01-19-2016, 10:53 AM
90R

i took delivery of my90R (every option) last week and after having to have the software reinstalled due to some glitches, its awesome.

I actually told a friend that if it doesnt let me down, my initial take is that it could be my favorite car that ive ever owned. Ive had X5s, GLs, and currently have a 991 C4S.

Newness could be helping this bias, but so far, I love it. Nothing comes close.

Old 07-09-2016, 11:11 AM

still happy with the purchase?

Old 07-09-2016, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by 90R
i took delivery of my90R (every option) last week and after having to have the software reinstalled due to some glitches, its awesome.

I actually told a friend that if it doesnt let me down, my initial take is that it could be my favorite car that ive ever owned. Ive had X5s, GLs, and currently have a 991 C4S.

Newness could be helping this bias, but so far, I love it. Nothing comes close.

Old 07-09-2016, 11:58 AM
90R

Originally Posted by Duane Haas
Absolutely love the car. 7000 miles in.

Good gas mileage on highway, fast enough around ton. Car still gets looks and compliments. Friends with range rovers etc can't believe how nice it is.

About the only thing I would like is a power fold third row - when second row is all the way back, third row is difficult to raise or lower and I'm lazy.

Just discovered the locking glove box. Really cool but wish it wasn't ties to tailgate and wish it would default to locked.

Really really like the car!

Old 07-09-2016, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by 90R
Absolutely love the car. 7000 miles in.

Good gas mileage on highway, fast enough around ton. Car still gets looks and compliments. Friends with range rovers etc can't believe how nice it is.

About the only thing I would like is a power fold third row - when second row is all the way back, third row is difficult to raise or lower and I'm lazy.

Just discovered the locking glove box. Really cool but wish it wasn't ties to tailgate and wish it would default to locked.

Really really like the car!
Awesome, appreciate the feedback, and its good to hear some positive feedback.

Old 07-09-2016, 12:52 PM

Unless you really need the 3rd row and the looks, stay away from this as their are better brands for the same price, tried and tested!

Old 07-09-2016, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by SilverSurferID
Unless you really need the 3rd row and the looks, stay away from this as their are better brands for the same price, tried and tested!
Want the third row, curious if your feedback is based on anything in particular?

Old 07-09-2016, 01:33 PM

I'll Support 90R's comments. I've dad my loaded up Inscription model for a few weeks now and I'm still very happy with the decision. Would buy it again and definitely recommend.

Sure, there are small things I liked better on other cars and as a "car guy" I still wish it had a 350 bhp v6 under the hood. But honestly as a package I think it's beautiful, functional, unique and actually quite special. I watched a YouTube reviewer who referred to it as a more interesting Range Rover. It may not quite have the curb presence of a big Rover, but actually I think it's pretty close and a Way better bang for the buck.

As discussed at length in these discussion threads, the software systems of that car have been buggy for some owners, and there are occasional trim and mechanical issues reported. My observation though is that the bulk of these issues are from 2015 early release models and the car is getting better with each shipment and software patch. As the car keeps improving in reputation I think we're going to see increasingly strong demand and good resale value.

I hear that if you hold out for a 2017 you'll see some small price bumps, but you'll also get their next generation drivers assist and auto pilot systems. I'll be jealous of the upgraded auto pilot. The current one is sort of "meh" compared to that on my Benz. The Adaptive cruise on the Volvo is in some ways better though.

Old 07-09-2016, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by jrtthx
I'll Support 90R's comments. I've dad my loaded up Inscription model for a few weeks now and I'm still very happy with the decision. Would buy it again and definitely recommend.

Sure, there are small things I liked better on other cars and as a "car guy" I still wish it had a 350 bhp v6 under the hood. But honestly as a package I think it's beautiful, functional, unique and actually quite special. I watched a YouTube reviewer who referred to it as a more interesting Range Rover. It may not quite have the curb presence of a big Rover, but actually I think it's pretty close and a Way better bang for the buck.

As discussed at length in these discussion threads, the software systems of that car have been buggy for some owners, and there are occasional trim and mechanical issues reported. My observation though is that the bulk of these issues are from 2015 early release models and the car is getting better with each shipment and software patch. As the car keeps improving in reputation I think we're going to see increasingly strong demand and good resale value.

I hear that if you hold out for a 2017 you'll see some small price bumps, but you'll also get their next generation drivers assist and auto pilot systems. I'll be jealous of the upgraded auto pilot. The current one is sort of "meh" compared to that on my Benz. The Adaptive cruise on the Volvo is in some ways better though.
You think the 16 will be upgradable to new pilot assist?

Old 07-10-2016, 06:07 PM

Nope... I asked. The new Pilot assist is a hardware change and not supposed to be a field upgrade. Hope this information is wrong, but this is what the dealer told me.

Old 08-15-2016, 10:54 AM
Default Cross shopped with Q7

For a long time I was set on getting the new redesigned Audi SQ5 (which has nothing to do with this car), but a few weeks ago my wife coaxed me into considering a seven seater.

So I did my research and cross shopped the Ford Explorer Platinum, the Audi Q7, and lastly, the Volvo XC90. I compared both cars to the Audi. For the record, I have not owned an Audi before, but I have spent the most time on their forums, mostly in the Q5 section.

If you want painstaking details, you can read my various comparison:

Ford vs Audi (Edge/Explorer/F-150 vs Q5/Q7) - Competing Crossovers & Vehicles - Ford Edge Forum

new Q7 vs new XC90 - Page 8 - AudiWorld Forums

My biggest problem with the Volvo is the overwhelming amount of problems reported on these forums. You just don't see that level of problems on any of the other forums. From what I can tell the Q7 is rock solid and should definitely be considered and test driven.

I'm probably going to buy the Q7, but happy to wait a few months and maybe pick up a 2017 when the 18s come out.

Old 08-31-2016, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by marnes
For a long time I was set on getting the new redesigned Audi SQ5 (which has nothing to do with this car), but a few weeks ago my wife coaxed me into considering a seven seater.

So I did my research and cross shopped the Ford Explorer Platinum, the Audi Q7, and lastly, the Volvo XC90. I compared both cars to the Audi. For the record, I have not owned an Audi before, but I have spent the most time on their forums, mostly in the Q5 section.

If you want painstaking details, you can read my various comparison:

Ford vs Audi (Edge/Explorer/F-150 vs Q5/Q7) - Competing Crossovers & Vehicles - Ford Edge Forum

new Q7 vs new XC90 - Page 8 - AudiWorld Forums

My biggest problem with the Volvo is the overwhelming amount of problems reported on these forums. You just don't see that level of problems on any of the other forums. From what I can tell the Q7 is rock solid and should definitely be considered and test driven.

I'm probably going to buy the Q7, but happy to wait a few months and maybe pick up a 2017 when the 18s come out.
I'm 5,000 miles in on our Q7 after lemoning our 2016 XC90, and the Q7 has literally no problems. None. Compared with the XC90, along with the overall quality of product and service received, it's apples to watermelons.

Old 09-15-2016, 01:46 PM
90R

Im back to say im at 10,000 miles and still love it. zero problems.

i was rear-ended several months ago and while the car was in the shop i missed it. ive never really missed a car.

three things id like: power 3rd row, power steering column and seats that are tied to keyfob. my wife is short and every time she drives the car i get in and almost rip my head off.