Volvo XC90 This mid-sized SUV offers the driver and passengers Volvo luxury and quality with sport utility capability.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Faulty Steering Wheel Module?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2020, 03:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Faulty Steering Wheel Module?

Hi all,

I took my xc90 in for service as there were two concerns, 1) clicking noise behind dashboard (or steering wheel) when changing speed and 2) auto stop/start function wasn’t working. FYI I had everything working well other than the on mentioned above and had no warning sign up.
Volvo service team says they replaced faulty steering wheel module (they have charged me on Gear lever carrier and Steering Wheel Module reload) and advised that I need to run my car over 30 mins to charge the battery to let the stop/start system to function, however none of the concerns that I raised were solved.

I am going to claim on this case but wanted to know better about what the situation is before I do so.
I’m wondering can there be a problem with steering module without showing any symptoms without a driver notices or without showing any sign on message board? Above all, is steering control module has anything to do with the concerns I have raised?

thanks