Volvo XC90 This mid-sized SUV offers the driver and passengers Volvo luxury and quality with sport utility capability.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hello - ON call in standby - Reset help!

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2022, 08:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello - ON call in standby - Reset help!

Hello all!

I hope you are well. I recently picked up a lovely 2006 xc90 D5 185.

Everything worked fine until my toddler decided to press the red SOS button and next thing I was being asked what emergency serviced i wanted!!

After an embarrasing call and we hung up.. I then got a message saying this (see photo below).. I now cannot change the station on my radio.. nor can I use the volumes on my steering wheel.

More annoyingly... the lights on the centre console will not go off .. they are permanently on even when car is off and locked.

Anyone know how to reset or get rid?

If there is a subscription to oncall active its not mine it must have been from a previous owner who i do not know who it is.

Thank you

Old 06-06-2022, 10:42 AM
Super Moderator
Received 487 Likes on 468 Posts

The standby mode is a power saving feature that gets enabled when the car hasn't been driven for 5 days (otherwise powering the modem will drain the battery). It should reset once the car is driven for a short while. If that doesn't reset, try resetting the security system by locking/unlocking the car 5x with the fob or keys then go for a drive.

Old 06-06-2022, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by mt6127
The standby mode is a power saving feature that gets enabled when the car hasn't been driven for 5 days (otherwise powering the modem will drain the battery). It should reset once the car is driven for a short while. If that doesn't reset, try resetting the security system by locking/unlocking the car 5x with the fob or keys then go for a drive.
Thank you for this! ill give it a go...

Very strange as its def been used .. done nearly 600 miles in the past 3 days! all the lights on the center console / phone radio buttons stay on.. hopefully that doesn't drain the battery . That didnt happen before the code appeared

i did try and disconnect the battery for 20 mins but that didn't help.

Ill try and reset the security..

Old 06-06-2022, 02:56 PM
Super Moderator
Received 487 Likes on 468 Posts

only other thing I can think of is that you no longer have wireless service. In the US, the older cars with On Call uses a 3G modem and those networks have been decomm'd in favor of 4G which requires a modem upgrade. Not sure if Europe and other markets have the same issue.

Old 06-06-2022, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by mt6127
only other thing I can think of is that you no longer have wireless service. In the US, the older cars with On Call uses a 3G modem and those networks have been decomm'd in favor of 4G which requires a modem upgrade. Not sure if Europe and other markets have the same issue.
yes I think thats whats happened.. but funny it was all working fine until the on call /sos button was pressed.

For now I've ended up pulling out the phone fuse and low and behold, all the radio functionalities work as normal... as soon as I put the fuse back I thr message reappears and I lose radio functioning again.

Old 12-01-2022, 11:01 PM
Default https://youtu.be/JC7ijAQ4hYA

Originally Posted by JCvxc90
Hello all!

I hope you are well. I recently picked up a lovely 2006 xc90 D5 185.

Everything worked fine until my toddler decided to press the red SOS button and next thing I was being asked what emergency serviced i wanted!!

After an embarrasing call and we hung up.. I then got a message saying this (see photo below).. I now cannot change the station on my radio.. nor can I use the volumes on my steering wheel.

More annoyingly... the lights on the centre console will not go off .. they are permanently on even when car is off and locked.

Anyone know how to reset or get rid?

If there is a subscription to oncall active its not mine it must have been from a previous owner who i do not know who it is.

Thank you