Volvo XC90 This mid-sized SUV offers the driver and passengers Volvo luxury and quality with sport utility capability.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help tracing video out from navigation

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2012, 06:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help tracing video out from navigation

Hi

This is my first post on here. Apologies if my question has already been covered but I did a quick search and did not find the answer. Basically I need to find which cable supplies the video to the nav screen.

My cousin has a xc90 and has asked for my help. I am not familiar with volvos myself. He wants to install a reverse camera and connect it to the nav screen. We are aware there is an interface unit available which will switch the screen to the camera when reverse is selected, however this is fairly expensive.

He has bought an automatic video switcher which only requires a power supply and the 2 video inputs. This was much cheaper than the interface available. What we need to do is find the cable at the navigation unit which connects to the video in on the screen. We can then cut this and connect it to a video input on the switch and the camera to the other input. Then connect the cut cable to the output of the switch and hopefully this should work.

Can anyone advise if this would indeed work and possibly identify the cable in question. Any help or advice would be much appreciated.