Volvo XC90 This mid-sized SUV offers the driver and passengers Volvo luxury and quality with sport utility capability.

Hot radio and heater controls...normal?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2012 | 05:44 AM
|
Default Hot radio and heater controls...normal?

Hello all.
I just purchased my first Volvo, a 2006 XC 90 2.5 AWD. I researched it heavily, including lurking here on your forum for awhile before deciding on this model.
So, I would like to start my first post with a big thank you to you guys for thoroughly covering these vehicles and their various weak and strong points.

My questions is this> the factory radio, which is the 8 speaker non dolby non subwoofer type, gets hot during operation. The heater controls and the row of buttons on the bottom of the center stack also heat up pretty good. You could almost burn your finger on the screen of the radio after the car has been driven for an hour or so. I have not experienced this with any other vehicle I have owned, and so am wondering if this is normal in a factory Volvo center stack, or is about to burn itself up. The vehicle has some a/market stuff on it, added by a previous owner. There is an IPOD cable in the glove box (with no aux selection I have no idea how that is supposed to work) also there is a silver blue tooth phone adapter, which appears to be factory or dealer because i found a volvo manual with the owners manual that covers it.
Also, they had an XM sat radio hooked up, as they left behind the antennae and connectors sticking out of the dash.

Any help here would be appreciated. I have enough know how with cars to take care of basic maintenance and have installed am radios in past cars, but I do not want to take the dash apart on this car unless needed.

Again, many thanks for all that y'all have already done to help me out, and happy holidays!