Volvo XC90 This mid-sized SUV offers the driver and passengers Volvo luxury and quality with sport utility capability.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

This is a joke right?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2014, 01:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default This is a joke right?

I believe this is the first forum that is this bad, when you ask a question and cant even get a response. For a forum that is dedicated to Volvo of different makes and a lot of the time 70+ people viewing the xc90 department getting a answer to some general questions seems to be a task on this site to say the least.
Belonging to more then one forum since I have other vehicles this is the worst I have seen one in regards to members and their inability to have any information on what they're supposed to have information on.
I wish you guys the best of luck in getting any response here on this site since statistically you will need it.

Old 01-30-2014, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by mustangpat
I believe this is the first forum that is this bad, when you ask a question and cant even get a response. For a forum that is dedicated to Volvo of different makes and a lot of the time 70+ people viewing the xc90 department getting a answer to some general questions seems to be a task on this site to say the least.
Belonging to more then one forum since I have other vehicles this is the worst I have seen one in regards to members and their inability to have any information on what they're supposed to have information on.
I wish you guys the best of luck in getting any response here on this site since statistically you will need it.
Sorry, but your thread is a joke, what were you expecting for FREE? All your problems fixed and every one of your 12 posts answered?

I have a real problem with people like you who expect INSTANT solutions to their issues just by posting on a web site......

Two suggestions, try the "search feature" and second, try becoming a "member" of a site and contribute something useful before bitching about a site....

End of rant.......

PS. Reading through your posts I see most questions were answered in part, the rest of your posts you basically answer your own questions......perhaps stick to Ford?....

Old 01-30-2014, 03:26 PM
Super Moderator
Received 71 Likes on 63 Posts

Don't worry, a check refunding your membership fees is in the mail.

Old 01-30-2014, 03:29 PM

swedespeed is much more active.

I found that my introduction thread didnt even get a reply. Pretty cool I guess.

Old 01-30-2014, 04:20 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I see what your 12th post looks like, I am just wondering of the 12 how many of them were you helping someone for the love of volvo.

Old 01-30-2014, 06:14 PM
Administrator
Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Please take it personal. Everyone else gets replies.

Old 01-30-2014, 08:24 PM
Super Moderator

Now that I'm home and can look at your previous posts, I have more to add.

Your first post was asking a few general questions, as well as asking for AllData info on radiator removal. This site is free. AllData is not. This site got you no replies. If you would have paid for AllData, you would have gotten your information. If I paid for AllData, why would I post the info here for you?

In your next series of posts, you claim that "A lot of the transmissions fail because of cross contamination i.e. radiator side tank leaks and throws coolant into the transmission". That is hardly the cause of most of the T6 transmission failures. But, since this website is free, then people should expect people to post wrong information. I see it plenty.

Your post about the car having a lack of power isn't going to go anywhere here, especially without any fault codes. Are you using a generic code reader? If so, you may have codes that it doesn't read.

"this is the worst I have seen one in regards to members and their inability to have any information on what they're supposed to have information on"

Really? Where does it say that by joining these forums, you will be able to discuss all of your problems with members who have all the information you need and are willing to provide it for free? If I spent all day here, I could answer pretty much anything. But, I make more money getting paid to fix them than I do answering posts here about them, usually by someone who joins, gets their info and leaves without contributing anything.

Old 01-31-2014, 03:41 AM

HA HA guess this was what it was going to take to get any response from a thread bitter *** old men. Coming from Volvo from where I live that was the info I was given but didn't turn out to be that in the end either way but what do I know lol instead of bitching about the transmission problem I just fix it. As for a generic code reader nope just a snap on modis ha ha last time I checked far from generic and more then likely a lot better then what you can get your hands on. I never said I was a Volvo super tech but can clearly work on them with very few issues but "typically" when I join a site I do expect maybe a response and I have made nowhere next to 12 posts. At worst I guess you drawing at strings is the best you can do for a bitter old man with nothing more then excuses. As for the ford comment pretty sure ford bought Volvo out and will phase them out ha ha. For all then genuine people on here attempting to give info I appreciate it. As for the ******** who don't say nothing until they have someone to take their miserable life out on EAT A DICK

Old 01-31-2014, 05:47 AM
Super Moderator

I use VIDA, which is better than a Modis.

Ford sold Volvo and it won't be phased out. So more crappy information you are giving out. But hey, that's what the internet is for.

Your grammar makes it hard to read your rambling posts.

You never answered why you think you are entitled to information others pay for. You say "XC90 department" as if people work here. This is an enthusiast site, not a free information, walk you through repairs for free site.

Good luck getting any help with that ****ty attitude, you *******.

Last edited by ES6T; 01-31-2014 at 08:04 AM.
Old 01-31-2014, 05:09 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The top right corner figures in your last thread indicate that you have made a total of 12 posts. (since joining Dec. 2013)
Reading your profile also shows the same figure.
You certainly have succeeded in insulting a large number of sometimes very knowledgeable Volvo enthusiasts with your recent comments.

It seems to not click with you that members have jobs, families and other commitments in their lives and don't sit all day online waiting to offer advise in an instant.
Sometimes responses take a while as the members digest your questions and generally the most suitably knowledgeable ones where relevant reply, where and when they get opportunity.
Not all members are 'A' grade Volvo trained mechanics, just normal Volvo owners with strong interest in these vehicles as a hobby and trying to reduce their own maintenance costs where possible.
A little patience on your part would I'm sure have resulted in a much better outcome for you.

Old 01-31-2014, 05:47 PM
Administrator
Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

I just had a big birthday 2 days ago so I likely fit that "old" statement. Thanks.