Volvo XC90 This mid-sized SUV offers the driver and passengers Volvo luxury and quality with sport utility capability.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Keep searching

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2005, 12:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Keep searching

[B]I am so disappointed in the purchase of this car.

I previously leased a Lexus RX300 and I would take it back with 4 flats.

Volvo dealer: Very unprofessional, never called back and treated as if I was 17 years old driving in on my bicycle to purchase a $48,000 car.

I had to go to another dealer and received similar treatment. Both physically seen my 2002 Lexus RX300 and was told the lease was up.

After getting the vehicle the engine light was on within 3 days. Went to the dealer and it was something related to the gas tank sensor and "they fixed it". Two days later the same problem. They "fixed" it again. It came on again!! I ignored it and it was off within a week.

Two months after receiving the car I received a very nasty call from Volvo Finance about being late with my payment. When they recognized that THEY were sending the bills to the wrong address they were just as rude and wanted immediate payment without me even seeing a bill. (It was their data input error and they acknowledged it was theirs' while still being rude.)

Other issues:

The windshield wipers freeze up because the defroster vents are above the wiper blades.

Car radio antenna is lousy. Cannot find stations in the same City. It starts to "scan" for other stations.

You can to easily activate the cruise control just by having your hands on the steering wheel.

Seat belt makes noise, each time you move.

Drivers door panel squeaks when you rest your arm upon it while driving.

What good are the door straps located near the windshield? It does not help in getting in or out of the vehicle. (It would, however, snap your arm at the elbow should someone grab for it in an accident.)

No change holder.

No holder for glasses.

Cup holders for rear passengers are not secure. Ask the guy that cleaned my rugs.

If you drop the thirds seating row there is nothing blocking items in your trunk from shifting and falling on the floor between the 2nd & 3rd row seating.

The coat hooks in the second row seats are so small you cannot hang a jacket.

The GPS system is great for NYC. Well I lived in NYC for 30 years and know how to get around. However, it does not recognize streets, elsewhere, that have been legally mapped for 30 years.

The Lexus handled extremely well on turns at high speeds. The Volvo handles slightly better.

By the way, I lost my owners manual. They insisted on a fee of $28.50 to replace it. A 48,000 vehicle…. they should have offered a new one free of charge.