My maid washed and dried my FOB.... now what? - Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum

Go Back  Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum > Volvo Vehicles > Volvo XC90
Reload this Page >

My maid washed and dried my FOB.... now what?

Volvo XC90 This mid-sized SUV offers the driver and passengers Volvo luxury and quality with sport utility capability.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My maid washed and dried my FOB.... now what?

Old 10-14-2009, 06:48 AM
Default My maid washed and dried my FOB.... now what?

My maid washed and dired my FOB for my '09 XC90. I'm debating on either replacing the whole FOB and taking it to the dealer for programming, or should I try to get a new battery and see if it works?

Have anybody gone thru this? I guess that the FOB went thru the whole cycle, machine wash and then machine dry.... It is pretty clean, but now it does not work.

Any suggestions?

Old 10-14-2009, 07:47 AM

Took it apart and had some moisture in it, which I dried using an electonics duster.... Did saw some early stage corrosion, but hopefully it didi nothing to the electronics componets... will see.... Will buy a new battery and see if it works. I'll update later if it dead or alive....

Old 10-14-2009, 02:52 PM
Super Moderator

YOU HAVE A MAID? Well, if you can afford a maid then I would just buy a new one. If you are starting to see corrosion, then it's just a matter of time til it fails. I would go ahead and spring for a new one.

Old 10-17-2009, 07:59 AM

Just made an appointment at the local Volvo dealership.... Tried the new battery but nothing happened... I guess that when the wife tried it out (it worked) after the "wash-and-dry" cycle short-circuited something on the FOB......

Maids are cheap here..... about $400 for a full-time live-in maid.... I'm in Muscat, Sultanate of Oman...... and I should have gotten a cheaper one... like $250 a month......

Old 02-05-2019, 03:11 PM

Firstly you should change a maid) How it could be that you allowed this woman to do those terrible things? As for me I have no any maid and when I need cleanning I just call this company and they do all things I need in a short term. But I am always is there and don't leave them alone in my home.