Volvo XC90 This mid-sized SUV offers the driver and passengers Volvo luxury and quality with sport utility capability.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New here.... new in volvo car! need info!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 02:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New here.... new in volvo car! need info!!

Hi group! first don't worry about my english, i'm french! gonna do my best!

I just buy a XC90 2006 with 2.5T ....really like this truck... changed my Grand Cherokee 2000 for this, and it's really good!

I spend lot how hours reading a point that is really important for me ... Guess what is it!! yes the music! and I see this not really easy to do something in this one.... Don't know how you call this, but I have the model with the 6 cd changer radio with the amp under the passanger seat .... surround with a center channel ....

I'm in car electronics for about 23 years, so that's not a problem for me to just run out all the speaker wire from the amps, then just change the radio .... I know about the can line in the radio, no probs, can hide it anywhere .... but for the original look, really want to keep the original radio ... but I have a reception issue, and don't know where this issue is comming from .... really often when I drive I loose the sound quality, I mean, the sound is really bad, couple of second after, everything is ok .... so gonna make a cd just to see if it's a fm reception problem, or the amp, and even the speakers .... nywayz!

If anyone got some fm reception issue, really appreciate to heart it!

Then for now, exept the fact that Dension and Grom make some interface, any other way to integrate my Iphone or even a usb stick, or the best way is a Grom??

Big thanks in advance!

Martin!

Last edited by xboxuser; 04-19-2012 at 10:15 AM.
Old 04-19-2012, 10:15 AM

Ok find out it's not a radio or amp problem, on CD the quality is more then perfect....
I try to hook up a Wireless Fm modulator straight on the antenna in the back of the top... and really, the sound is no more then ok .... I got some noise from don't know where, but i'm straight on the antenna ....

So, anyone have the pinout of the antenna? gonna just splice up the anteanna and integrate a wired fm modulator straight on the antenna, but can't find any schema or pinout of the antenna ....

Any one can help me?!
Thanks in advance!

Old 04-19-2012, 02:56 PM

This is a diagram that includes the antenna. Hopefully it gets you what you need.

Attached Thumbnails New here.... new in volvo car! need info!!-atm-diagram.jpg  
Old 04-20-2012, 06:27 AM

Big thanks!! gonna take a look at this!! thanks again!