Volvo XC90 This mid-sized SUV offers the driver and passengers Volvo luxury and quality with sport utility capability.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problem with latch system not unlocking all doors and setting off alarm

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2015, 10:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem with latch system not unlocking all doors and setting off alarm

Has anyone experienced a problem with their XC90 only unlocking the passenger side door and still setting off the alarm? I have a 2008 XC90 and here's my normal process when I leave my car: I turn it off, open the door, hit the lock button on the driver side door and close it setting the alarm system. When I come back after more than 5-10 minutes and try to unlock my doors only the driver side door unlocks. Then when I open the car door and before I can even push the button to unlock the other 3 doors it sets off the alarm.

I took it to the dealer and they couldn't duplicate it but could see that the alarm had gone off several times. Then on another trip I mentioned it again they said it just be the batteries on the Fob, changed that out, then they said it was the Fob itself so I changed that out and i started using the service key only, because i still had the same problem and the dealer told me it was a problem with the left front door latch assembly. I purchase that and have it installed and it worked fine for a couple of months. And now it's doing it again so my mechanic says maybe it's a software issue. But how could the dealer not figure that out? I don't know what to do other than disarming the alarm system which isn't the safest thing, but I'm so frustrated with the dealer and they just keep taking my money. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?