Volvo XC90 This mid-sized SUV offers the driver and passengers Volvo luxury and quality with sport utility capability.

Running Lights, Fog Lights & Moonroof Gone Bananas!

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2022 | 12:49 PM
|
Exclamation Running Lights, Fog Lights & Moonroof Gone Bananas!

Yo guys, so I've searched google, searched here, checked the last 4 pages of this forum, etc. So if I missed something, don't persecute me, just link me to what you found ( Obligatory new guy post so i don't get roasted )

( In regards to a 2006 XC90 )

So, for the last 2 years, my moonroof has been dead. I checked all the fuses in the back, under the steering column and at the side of the dash, all are 100% good to go. Not sure what that's about but not all that concerned about it, but wanted to throw it into the mix in case theres a known fix for that.

I have been pulled over a couple times for my tail lights though, and try as i might, I can't figure this out. All the fuses are good, I pulled and checked all the bulbs and was ready to put new bulbs in, but everything was still good. Cleaned up all the connections on the lights. Still nothing. The brake lights work, but the running lights in the back and the front and rear fog lights are all dead. The second cop that pulled me over for it said if it wasn't the fuses or blubs that it was probably a relay, but as I understand it, the only relay for the back section is for the brake lights? And the brake lights are working.

Any tricks or ideas on what might be going down here? Day light savings got it so dark im driving home in the dark after work every day and eventually the cops gonna take my money

Thanks in advance for each and every idea guys. I'm stuck, and broke before christmas, i can't afford to take it in and have it fixed.

Old 12-05-2022 | 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by Taskism
2006 XC90

my tail lights
All the fuses are good,

but the running lights in the back and the front and rear fog lights are all dead.
The front parking lights are powered from the CEM and are fused with #20 under the hood.

The rear parking lights, tag lights and rear fogs are powered from the REM and are fused with #2 on the REM. - Have you checked that fuse? (on the REM)

Do your tag lights work? (if so according the the fuse diagram that #2 fuse would be ok)

Old 12-12-2022 | 07:11 PM
|

Originally Posted by hoonk
The front parking lights are powered from the CEM and are fused with #20 under the hood.

The rear parking lights, tag lights and rear fogs are powered from the REM and are fused with #2 on the REM. - Have you checked that fuse? (on the REM)

Do your tag lights work? (if so according the the fuse diagram that #2 fuse would be ok)

Much thanks for the input! im gonna check this out tonight!