Volvo XC90 This mid-sized SUV offers the driver and passengers Volvo luxury and quality with sport utility capability.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

XC90 2018 Inscription power tailgate help

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2018, 02:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XC90 2018 Inscription power tailgate help

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if there are different "speeds" at which the power tailgate opens and closes?

I have spoken with Volvo Customer Care, checked with my dealer, and looked online and I am not able to find anything.

My tailgate has two closing and opening speeds. When I stand in the same place and put my arm at the same height the power from the tailgate is different. Sometimes it gives a "tap" and beeps and goes back up. Sometimes it pushes with much more force and beeps and goes back up. The same thing is happening when I open the tailgate and stand in the same place. It either bumps me gently and stops or it pushes me forcefully and stops.

I can't find anything on this, but Volvo said it probably has to do with the software. The software was updated.

I will go back to the dealer but I want to see if someone else has or has had and solved this problem. Maybe there is a setting I can change?

I understand that the gate is heavy and the lower your are when it closes, the more force. But the force is different at the "same place/level" and also with opening.

If anyone has another resourse that they can recommend or an idea of how I can adjust/fix, thank you to let me know.

kind regards,
Marle

Old 08-16-2018, 03:45 PM
Super Moderator
Received 71 Likes on 63 Posts

I don't understand the problem. You are standing there using your arms to stop it from opening or closing?

Old 08-17-2018, 07:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No, we are not using our arms to close it.

It has closed when we were putting things in the back or taking things out or vacuuming. If we activate the gate (with remote, from car, gate button or foot sensor) we get out of the way. But as it closes sometimes when you are putting things in or taking things out we noticed that it seems to have two speeds. We checked it, if we can't explain what is happening then the dealer can't fix it. It also occasionally opens when you are on the left of the car (past the back wheel). The key is always in pocket. It has been checked or "hooked up to the computer" and no problems were found.

I want to set the power tailgate to the “less hard closing”. Any ideas?

thank you