Wheels, Tires and other Exterior Talk about your rims, body kits, and other exterior mods here.

It's not a Volvo but.....

Old 12-01-2007, 12:28 PM
Administrator
Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts
Default It's not a Volvo but.....

....it's what I've currently got to work with....and it's an exterior project of my so....

alright....I'm taking a '99 z-24 front bumper from the junk yard and putting it on my '00 Cav. There's a few design differences.....Here are some pictures of the bumper I found and the progress I've made so far....I've only been working on it for about two hours so I'm not all that far along yet. The point with going with the '99 over trying to find a '00 was....I don't like the '00 z-24 bumper.
[/align]Here's the bumper I found...$20 at u-pull-r-parts[/align][/align][/align][/align]It's got a few cracks in it that my body guy has started to work on....plastic welding and whatever....
[/align][IMG]http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k32/IG88-bhg/P1010131.jpg ">
[/align]

[/align]Also, the "grill" is missing the center bumps and the caps that close up the headlight. I plan on painting the headlights a bit to close 'em up. should kind of mimic what I've got going on in the rear.

Had to cut the fist row of cells off the backing of the bumper because as it turns out, the z-24 is about an inch shorter.
[/align]
Now the hard part. Cutting the z-24 bumper to fit around the head lights. I'm cutting because I wasn't sure if the '99 lights would fit in the '00 sockets. That, and I don't particularly like the smaller profile or the straight line across the front. I like that hook at the ends.
[/align][/align]It looks goofy when you get a birds eye of the cut. I'm going to take some of the plastic I cut away and weld it to the new edge and close up that gap....round it off so it looks presentable.
[/align][IMG]http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k32/IG88-bhg/P1010137.jpg ">[/align][/align]But you can barley tell in the profile. Like I said, this is only 2 hours of work so it looks pretty raw at the moment, but.....
Before:[/align]After:
[/align][/align][/align][/align]That's my project for the moment. I won't be able to put it on until I find some side skirts and a lip kit for the rear because the chin on the Z bumper looks out of place otherwise. oh-well....it's going to take awhile to get the paint anyway.
[/align]