The owners manual would likely answer most of your questions.
1. Likely a bad switch in the door.
2. Likely made like that.
3. You need to hold the key until the car starts, not just cranks.
4. Call a few dealers across the country to see if one can do the key cheaper. They set their own prices. BTW, the valet key should start the car if it belonged to the car. Maybe the dealer can fix that one.
5. Busted speakers have to be REPLACED.
6. Purchase another seat from anywhere or purchase the cover from the dealer and reskin it or have a leather/vinyl repair place fix it.
7. Seach the threads here and fix it or take it to the shop to be fixed. Or you can feel the gears. If you are in a lower gear, you should get an UP ARROW light in your dash to let you know that you are 1 down.
NOTE: Can not tell you all I know, just look through the manual and learn thing while you drive. If you find something broken, try to think through it, if that does not work, come back here and SEARCH through the threads to find your answers. There is not much that has not already been posted.
Sounds like this maybe your 1st car, it's a good one, enjoy.
Originally Posted by adk793
I just bought 2000 S70 GLT/SE with 128K miles, and had a few questions.
1) The front passenger power window switch is not working, though i am able to open the window through the river side controls. the lock/unlock button on the passenger door works,./..its just the window. what could this mean?
2) the seat belt sensors: the seat belt lights for the both the driver and passenger come light up/come on when i start the car but otherwise dont light up if someone's seat belt is off when the car is moving fast. is this normal? or is something wrong
3) i just got the car today, so im obviously still getting used to it. But the problem i encountered was i tried to start the car n held the key in the starting position for like a second n a half or 2. the engine turned, car turned on but stalled within 3 seconds. i tried it few times n had the same problem. but i noticed when i held the key down longer, the engine would stay on. is something starting to go wrong, or is this normal?
4) the car only came with one functioning key. the other is like a valet key which wont start the car. i called a few car shops, dealers n locksmiths n they said it would cost between $200 n $250 to get a new key done. (b/c it has the transponder chip). is there any way to get this cheaper. because im used to carrying a spare key on me or having one at home in case something went wrong.
5) the rear left speaker is busted. it rattles when you have the bass on mid or high. do i need to get it replaced or are there places that repair them.
6) my drivers leather seat is cracked and has a hole it in. what can i do to replace this.
7) the dashboard/panel light near the gear selector (automatic transmission) is barely there, and the red indicator that is supposed to move when you change gears is stuck in first. and volvo, unlike other car companies doesn't have anything on the instrument panel that tells you what gear you are in. any tips?
i know theres a lot of things to answer, but just tell me all that you know. thanks!
'95 850 T-5R Wagon
- Panther - Daily Driver 22 / 28 mpg
'98 S70 GLT - Lil' Red - Daughter 22/30 mpg
Volvo Repair Videos
- Used Parts For Sale
- Interior Lights For Sale
- ABS Light? Click Here
- Men's Mentoring
Volvo's of time past: '87 740 GLE, '79 262C Bertone, '78 264, '95 960, '97 960, '98 S90, '98 S70 GLT, '95 850 T-5R Yellow, '95 960, ,96 850 R...