Help, my 08 V70 had a stroke

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2014, 04:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help, my 08 V70 had a stroke

Greetings folks.. any guidance would be GREATLY appreciated. I normally spend my time on the VW TDI forums so I'm new here, but my wife's 08 v70 is now old enough to develop problems of it's own.

The problem is that a few months ago the left side of the car lost all power. Meaning nothing in the left front or rear doors would work. Not the locks, mirror controls, windows, anything. Neither with the controls on the front or rear door, or the key FOB. This was at first an intermittent failure, then came back for a bit, then stopped working for good. I checked the fuses and they were fine. I pulled the front door harness at the hinge and found no corrosion. I pulled the front door panel and pulled all connections and found no corrosion or lack of seating anywhere there either. I believe from doing some research that the DDM used to be part of the switch assembly, but is separate in my 08 model? What I believe is the DDM has a common large red input wire that I confirmed has 12v. Nothing else however regardless of key position or switch position. The rear left door I haven't pulled the panel from yet, but expect something similar. Strangely though I know the rear left also has a door module. my confusion stems from both doors having the issue at the same time. Does the rear door feed from the DDM? For awareness, all right side doors work fine.. hence the "v70 had a stroke" comment.

If it is the DDM (and maybe the LDM too), this as I'm reading can be pretty expensive. $300-$400 for just the DDM and I believe it cant simply be swapped out as it needs reprogramming?

Again, and pointers you would be able to provide would be greatly appreciated. I'd hate to have to bring it into the stealership when I have a shop and wherewithal to do most of the work myself.

Thanks in advance!
Matt