Rti not reading

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2019, 11:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rti not reading

Hi I have a2008 v70 se with Rti. However it keeps coming up with an message stating the DVD Disc is not a Map, insert map DVD?

The disc is correct has any one any information on potential fix?

Thanks

Old 11-30-2019, 05:40 AM

Surely someone out there must have some advice to offer? Here are some more details -

I have recently purchased a 2009 model year V70 2.5t se with RTI Sat Nav. However when I put the disc into the DVD player ( under floor in rear luggage area) the screen gives a message of either and or both “ cannot read disc and or Disc is not a map disc”. The disc is a Volvo one and correct for my model year.
Someone who is not a Volvo expert has recommended I run a cleaning lens disc through the DVD player. I have connected my local Volvo dealer who informed me that Volvo used to supply a cleaning disc but it is now obsolete and cannot help!
Can anyone recommend which type cleaning disc I could try (I see that you can purchase wet or dry type). Or know where I may find a Volvo cleaning disc.
I had also considered swapping the player for another second hand one, are these players mapped or married to each specific vehicle.
Any advice and guidance would be great.
Thanks

Old 12-07-2019, 04:15 AM

Ok I have tried a cleaning disc no luck, I have also checked the discs themselves and they look good. None of the three discs I have work all are original Volvo.

I have also found out that just prior to picking up my car it had a new cam belt fitted during which I would imagine the battery was disconnected.
Did I read somewhere that if the correct disconnect procedure was not followed then problems could occur? Is it possible that I have lost the DVD start up code?

I know a Tom Tom or similar is an easy alternative but I am keen to use the vehicles original equipment.

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Thanks