Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

I regret not buying a DVD player for my car in the first place, what to do..

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2010, 12:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I regret not buying a DVD player for my car in the first place, what to do..

Me and my friend both just changed to a new car and wanted to have a video system installed.

But after seeing this picture, I got the idea to get an iPad and use that as a car DVD player. One product, two uses… right? So while I use my iPad to entertain my passengers, my friend got himself a 7" Touch Screen 2 Din Car DVD Player at lightinthebox.com which is a whole bunch cheaper than my iPad.

Conclusion? I think I ended up spending too much for mine. The picture above and what I got in reality were two different things. Comparing with my friends DVD player, I feel that I should have given it a second thought in the beginning as well.

What’s more my friends device has GPS, a large hard drive, radio, it can be linked with the car computer, it can be used to find the nearest gas station if you’re running out of gas and more importantly: I don’t like people messing with my iPad the whole time! :P Also, the wireless remote controller and custom-made rack to fit the iPad in the seatback were not exactly cheap either. Anyway, I’m thinking about getting the same player as my friend now. Does anyone have an iPad installed in the back, or a DVD player for that matter?