windshield washer....

Old 04-16-2013, 07:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default windshield washer....

so i've done searches on the subject but not quite with my symptoms. 1) i have an 04 XC and when i fill the reservoir it leaks just a little. i can look down the filler neck and still see fluid in the reservoir when it stops leaking. 2) also one of the two windshield nozzle sprayers works great while the other not good enough to do its job. the sprayer nozzle on the passenger side is the weak one. i have replaced both nozzles already. any ideas? thanks.

Old 05-25-2013, 12:08 AM

It seems we have an unpopular malady. No one seems to respond. My front left & right sprayers suddenly dropped in pressure to a weak shower. I would take the pump out and clean it up, but I don't know where to find it!

Have you fixed yours yet?

Old 06-02-2013, 11:32 AM

the pump is located behind the bumper on the passenger side. removal of the bumper is actually quite easy and can be done by yourself. all you need is a T25 torx, and two sockets. i've done everything i can other than replacing the motor which is next. i've changed out both nozzles and T fittings from the pump to front sprayers. only thing i haven't changed is tubings and pump. sorry for the late reply i don't check this email address often.

Old 10-19-2013, 04:57 PM
Default 2004 v70 2.4

Bran new member and i know this is too late for this post but thought i would share what i found out today, in case it helps someone.

Same on my 2004 V70, rear washer stopped working then the driver side a about a week ago and last night the passenger side.

After looking up some fixes and finding this forum, i thought for sure it was the "T" vacuum connecters, but before going to the store i disconnected from the nozzles and all the connecters, should have been a free flow from the pump to an open ended hose... no fluid. About this time a neighbor came over and offered a second set of eyes and hands, after jacking up the front end, we took the reservoir completely out, it looked like there was some debris in the tank, i think the technical term would be a thick layer of goo! rinsed the tans out and cleaned the stainer that the pump plugs into, using a 12volt bench tester, still no water even with a strong pump sound. Ended up removing the hose connecter bib from the pump and used air to blow everything out, we could hear the impeller turning and saw debris come out. still no fluid.

As a last effort instead of buying a new pump, we took the hose connecter apart, black piece with a white inset held in by a tab, sort a figure 8 silhouette with two hose bibs sticking off the side. there was a littel blue diaphragm that came out with the white insert. After getting air to move trough all orifices, and water flowing out the pump motor with out this connecter on it, we put it all back together, only to find just one side working (from or rear washer). About to give up, i took the hose connected back apart and flipped the blue diaphragm over and reassembled. GOLD!!! strong flow out of both sides. flushed the tank out some more and reassembled. Washers working everywhere! you would think i just got a new Volvo LOL. Interesting to note, the washer pump was a ford motor co part, i had though the 2004 was pre-Ford but guess i was wrong about that.

Glad to be part of the forum, c ya