Forum Issues Discuss any issues you are having with the forums here.

This forum is so sloooooooow

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 05:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: This forum is so sloooooooow

ORIGINAL: axelm
It is very slow to navigate this forum on IE7. I am now using Firefox 2.0 with Adblock Plus to avoid all the ads and it works like a champ. It does not take longer than 2 seconds to load a thread while it used to take at least 10 using IE7.
Hi Axelm,

Thanks for your PM.

This is one of my favourite Volvo forum sites but I have always found it to be excrutiatingly slow - something like 40 seconds to get a page onto the screen. Some days it was so slow I've sat here wondering whether the page was going to come up at all.

After reading these posts I've also given IE7 the flick and now use FireFox as my browser. The pages come up in a matter of seconds now - which is great.

The problem I have now is that nothing happens when I use the 'Reply' button. The message box seems to be completely inactive and, for some unknown reason, will not accept any typing however, I experimented a bit and found there's more than one way of skinning a cat.

I found using the 'Quote' button, the message box works perfectly - hence this post.

Not the ideal situation, but quite O.K. for my purposes.

I'm going to put this AdBlock Plus on to see if it makes this site any quicker again - as other members claim it does.

Regards
Volgrrr

Old 03-16-2008, 04:52 PM
Super Moderator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just click in the box and start typing. It will work. You can not see the cursor and it looks different, but it does work. I said the same thing when I started using Firefox. It looks like you can not type, but you can.

Old 03-16-2008, 05:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You are spot-on JimKW.

I guess we are conditioned to becoming reliant on the cursor being visible at all times.

I tried everything trying to get the cursor onto the screen - but never once even thought about attempting to type into the message box without the cursor being visible.

Another little problem solved.

Thanks JimKW.

[sm=hail.gif][sm=hail.gif]