Forum Issues Discuss any issues you are having with the forums here.

PLEASE POST THE OUTCOME OF YOUR ISSUE!

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 04:35 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default PLEASE POST THE OUTCOME OF YOUR ISSUE!

Can somebody remind people to COME BACK AND UPDATE THE STATUS OF THE ISSSUE.

It's the right thing to do.

Many people askquestions and go through a long trouble shooting thread and once their problem is fixed they wipe their hands and go on.

Old 08-23-2007, 06:24 PM
JPN
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: PLEASE POST THE OUTCOME OF YOUR ISSUE!

Hello Eyukins,

I absolutely agree with you. However, many people don't value what they don't pay for, and then complain that the world isn't fair, people are not helpful ([&:]?) etc... They just don't get it[8D].

My former college instructor aptlystatedthat there's this disease called "Entitlement Mentality". Having lived in the States and Japan, I think 90% (or more) of the humans are affected with this incurable disease[8D].

"I'm the first", "Mine is the best", "My country is the best in every way (?)", "I'm right & you're wrong",...

You got me started.

JPN

Old 08-23-2007, 07:47 PM
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Don't expect it. Trust me just live with the fact that most people that come to this forum want a quick answer and take it and leave and don't come back.

Just deal with it.

Old 08-24-2007, 07:17 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree, I don't expect itand all I can do is deal withwhile searching thru dozens of search results aboutthesame issue.

As far as people not valuingwhat they don't pay for; they are also clueless as toplacevalue on their time or effort. Maybe they just never figured thething out, in some cases.

I'm sure that I'm guilty of not posting the outcome sometimes. Most likely after a long dirty repair that I just want to completely forget about, we all know how that goes.

Actually, would be nice to see some specifics of repairs performed by members; a "tips and tricks" kind of thing.

FWIW: When I do some work and use a guide (Chilton Hayes or other) I log the socket size size as I take apart, helps when putting back together. Under the hood of every car I have owned I write the oil drain plug size, and # of quarts.Thenon poster board in the garage I have misc sizes, capacities and torque settings.....it just makes thinks that much easier.

Old 08-24-2007, 07:26 PM
JPN
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Hi Eyukins,

You seem one of the very very few people in the world with good common sense.

As to "How to", there is a section in "General Volvo Chat", where moderators & members write up their repair procedures under the posts titled "Moderator Write-up" and "Member Write up", which are pinned to the top. I've also been keeping up (updating) my posts in the following thread:

https://volvoforums.com/m_48928/tm.htm

Unfortunately, I only know so much about the 850 and couldn't volunteer for other models. Well, hopefully someone would post a similar thread for different models. I also attached samples of my maintenance tracking format (logbook) on MS-Excel format.

Wish you a good weekend.

JPN