General Volvo Chat Post Your Questions And Comments on any of Volvo's many models.

Fitting HID lights C70 06-

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2016, 03:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fitting HID lights C70 06-

Hi tried to find out why fitting HID kit a ballbuster to my C70 06, flickering lights, low beam failure especially in the morning. Fitted kit WOW looked fantastic, drove down road ARHHHH lights out, flicked switch HURRAY lights on, BOOOO lights out. Back home scratched head, what have I done wrong, doggy kit? checked wiring all ok. So thought I'd use answer to the world's problem's Google!!! Well it helped read a few nightmare stories about wiper motors blowing, but left me with probably best idea stick to original lights, I don't give up that easy. Couldn't get better than "should be ok" when trying to source a kit for it, all very frustrating, the answer became clear. Take Volvos wonderful system of diverting power away from light's, fit a new harness with power resistors, yes your wasting 100 watts of heat in your engine bay but the best alternative in the end. Kit's available off Ebay HID WIRING HARNESS, very straightforward and with a little care and thought looks ok. Feed taken from nearside headlight to relay, fused feed from battery direct to HID KIT and fit power resistors to original feed to low beam. It eliminates all the possible problems, infact lights are brighter, steady with no flickering and more importantly no low beam failure. Well worth the money and effort takes 2-3 hours depending on how neat a job you want and just make sure the resistors are not to near outer painted panels or plastic that it may melt. Hope this helps from a converted SAAB lover