General Volvo Chat Post Your Questions And Comments on any of Volvo's many models.

Help! Moved my US XC60 to Europe: now need to get it to work...

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2023, 10:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! Moved my US XC60 to Europe: now need to get it to work...

Hi,

I recently shipped my 2022 Volvo XC60 from US to Europe (bought it in the US in June 2022, but I moved for work back to Europe a year later).

It's driving & working + approved by local road authorities/got local license plates etc, BUT I still have the following issues:
>> The data connection is not working. This Volvo has Android Automotive, but the apps are useless without data. Do I need to replace the SIM card maybe? A local Volvo dealership told me that this is probably impossible to fix as it has to do with the SIM antenna that is different in US compared with Europe. Is that true or did he just tell me some story?
>> The automatic traffic sign recognition doesn't work on European traffic signs. It only recognizes US traffic signs. Can the software be updated? The same local dealership told me that is very difficult to fix, while I would have expected it is just a software update?
>> I changed the units from mph to km/h. The dashboard shows kilometers/hour now, but it also still shows the speed in mph as well which is quite confusing (it shows both numbers). Same software update I would hope...?

Is there anyone out here who knows how this works and if this can be fixed / which parts need to be updated? Is it hardware or software?
I feel like the local dealership doesn't know where to start and if I use the right terminology I might be able to lead them into the right direction so they can help me out!

Thanks a lot,
Herman