General Volvo Chat Post Your Questions And Comments on any of Volvo's many models.

Hey and help!

Old 06-02-2006, 03:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey and help!

Hey! I looked through some of the archives. Wow lots of stuff but, Not as much on my 2002 s 60 T. I am sure you all know much more than myself with volvos, people around here wanted to mess with my wastegate, cold air intake, nitrous, all sorts of crap that they think I can do. Can you give my some legit options, on some threads it I am told not to get a boost gauge other I am, some say NOS, Some say ECU. What boost is it now or do you think I can put it up to? No one seems to be doing real mods around my area except to the people that have civics with like 8 inch exhausts that sound like weed eaters, (no offence) well a little.....Any help would be appreciated!!!

I really want to beat the rice burners around here!

Old 06-02-2006, 11:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hey and help!

im suprised your not burning the ricers already...

and what is your budget?

Cold Air Intake cant do you wrong, you get a little better throttle response, nicer sound, and you can hear the CBV much louder. It is also an extremely good "beginner mod".

I think the people that said NOS were joking, that would be an option maybe if you got your engine to 500+ hp. A boost guage does nothing performance wise, it will just help let you know what boost your running, so i dont see why not. ECU can do a lot, and is most effective after getting a downpipe and cat back exhaust. You might also want to look into new vacuum/turbo hoses (stylin motors is excellent) so your OEM hoses dont break or anything. it all really depends on your budget tho.