General Volvo Chat Post Your Questions And Comments on any of Volvo's many models.

maintenance

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2009, 07:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up maintenance

Hi all...just want to say..had a lot of things done to the car this past 2 days...
s80..2.9..non-turbo..2003...54215 miles on it.Put new tires..not OEM but another type of Michelins..Pilot,A/S Sport hoping for a quieter ride but didn't really notice any difference so far.Had the coolant flush and put in new synthetic oil for the first time and when the mechanic did all that ,they told me I need 2 engine mounts need to be replaced..one is broken and one is collapsed..so i said ok,just do it..got the car back earlier today..one of the hottest days in
L.A...the car gauge was showing 115 degrees..sick..anyway ,so I went to some fast food place and noticed something's different with car..sounds different and idles different..I just had to go inside the house..feels like you're going to have heatstroke out there..so later when it cools off I'll open the hood and check again..I swear..the car was purring ..there was absolutely nothing wrong with it..let's hope it was just too hot...let you know if I find anything !!!
STAY COOL !!!!!

Old 08-29-2009, 09:55 PM
Administrator
Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Hope all is well. It should drive a little different with the mounts replaced. I know mine did. Also, sometimes when something is fixed, some other propblem will show it's nasty head. Give it a few days to see how things settle unless you get a CEL.

Old 08-31-2009, 01:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Will do..thanks for the input.Haven't driven it since the repair..way to hot to do anything and go anywhere but i'm taking it for a ride to a friend on the freeway..let's hope it's all good.What worries me is the sound and the idle when the a/c is on.I mean what the hell could go wrong with coolant flush,oil change and replacing the engine mounts.I'm thinking when they raised it on the stand,could the exhaust pipes be messed up..just can't imagine..anyway..let you know tomorrow after the ride.One thing I must say..can't find a good mechanic or dentist.. and I'm disabled and can't do any work which is even more frustrating to shell out money when I could've done all this if healthy....
Have a wonderful week and stay cool...!!!
Take care