General Volvo Chat Post Your Questions And Comments on any of Volvo's many models.

Reset Tool

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2010, 08:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Reset Tool

Just thought I would post this just in case anyone needs a reset tool or OBDII scanners etc...... the rest tool will do the following resets:

Reset the Oil Service Light, Service Warning Light, Service Mileage, Service Intervals & Airbag Warning Light!

here is the link for the tool
http://www.alpha-bid.com/product42.html

this site has many other tool OBDII readers etc....here is the website link:
http://www.alpha-bid.com

they should have everything your looking for

Old 08-08-2010, 12:34 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Just askin'....have you bought one? The website information lists is function as "reset air bag light" for V70 and has no listing at all for S60 which makes little sense to me as the mechanicals and I suspect the electricals are virtually identical as far as I know. Does it also reset the oil change light?

Actually, my "lights" are the computer messages. Does it work on models so equipped?

The airbag service was one of those "surprise" things that got me po'd most cars have no airbag service intervals at all. While mine's an 06 so I have until 2016 to hit the 10 year interval, there is no way I'm paying to replace all the air bags in what will then be a 10 year old car. Nor do I want to be nagged every time I start the car and threatened with imminent death by a warning message.

Old 08-08-2010, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by malaka
Just askin'....have you bought one? The website information lists is function as "reset air bag light" for V70 and has no listing at all for S60 which makes little sense to me as the mechanicals and I suspect the electricals are virtually identical as far as I know. Does it also reset the oil change light?

Actually, my "lights" are the computer messages. Does it work on models so equipped?

The airbag service was one of those "surprise" things that got me po'd most cars have no airbag service intervals at all. While mine's an 06 so I have until 2016 to hit the 10 year interval, there is no way I'm paying to replace all the air bags in what will then be a 10 year old car. Nor do I want to be nagged every time I start the car and threatened with imminent death by a warning message.
they had a reset tool on the site that sold for $197 which was for the s60 model.....you don't have to pay to replace your airbags just reset the module that is giving you this message, in addition you don't have to worry about the airbags deploying..my message came on when I blew a dash fuse which operated my entire dash tach, temp, fuel, a/c, turn signals(inside they worked outside the car) so all you need to do is reset the airbag module...google reset tool for volvo s60 and it will give you sites that sell reset tools for your car they work for the s60 from the years 2000-2009 good luck I hope this helps

Old 08-08-2010, 02:43 PM

here is a link to ipt that talks about resetting the SRL in most volvo models including the s60....click on this link and scroll down till you find your particular vehicle, I am not sure if it works as I have yet to try but thought I would post....anyone who tries these proceedures...please post your results....thanks!!! here is the link:

http://www.ipdusa.com/HOWTO-Reset-Se...olvos/blog-103