General Volvo Chat Post Your Questions And Comments on any of Volvo's many models.

Volvo App issues

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2022, 03:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Volvo App issues

Hi. we recently purchased a 2023 XC60 B5 with the Ultimate package. I'm having issues with the Volvo app for remote starting. Living in Minnesota having remote start is almost an necessity. Contacted Volvo Care they suggested rebooting the infotainment center and then getting out locking the car and then restarting it. Also, they suggested reinstalling the app. Now the car won't pair with my phone when I'm in profiles. Oh, before doing this I went to my dealer and it was there actually where they tried to reinstall my profile but the car could not 'find' my phone even though my phone is connect by bluetooth. Then I tried what Volvo Care suggested hoping to being able to get the app reloaded. I've done some limited research and it seems that the app is a problem. Wondering if anyone else has had issues with the app and with the remote start feature. I should have mentioned that the remote start would work while the car was in our garage but then if I tried to use it again from the location I went to it said the car was still started when it wasn't.

I also read that up until the MY 2022 Volvo had used the key fob to do the remote start function. Anyone have any idea why they dropped that? Or at least have it as a backup?

For the 4 weeks I've owned this car I like a lot of things but I find the tech glitchy at best. I have no experience with their Senus OS but I have to believe it was better than the Google OS, which IMO is not ready for prime time.

Looking forward to hearing from others who may have the same experience and how they resolved it.
Thanks,

Old 01-06-2023, 11:32 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default App stopped working

Originally Posted by bcristofono
Hi. we recently purchased a 2023 XC60 B5 with the Ultimate package. I'm having issues with the Volvo app for remote starting. Living in Minnesota having remote start is almost an necessity. Contacted Volvo Care they suggested rebooting the infotainment center and then getting out locking the car and then restarting it. Also, they suggested reinstalling the app. Now the car won't pair with my phone when I'm in profiles. Oh, before doing this I went to my dealer and it was there actually where they tried to reinstall my profile but the car could not 'find' my phone even though my phone is connect by bluetooth. Then I tried what Volvo Care suggested hoping to being able to get the app reloaded. I've done some limited research and it seems that the app is a problem. Wondering if anyone else has had issues with the app and with the remote start feature. I should have mentioned that the remote start would work while the car was in our garage but then if I tried to use it again from the location I went to it said the car was still started when it wasn't.

I also read that up until the MY 2022 Volvo had used the key fob to do the remote start function. Anyone have any idea why they dropped that? Or at least have it as a backup?

For the 4 weeks I've owned this car I like a lot of things but I find the tech glitchy at best. I have no experience with their Senus OS but I have to believe it was better than the Google OS, which IMO is not ready for prime time.

Looking forward to hearing from others who may have the same experience and how they resolved it.
Thanks,
Hiya, join the club. My app was working for remote start, but this morning, the message was that the function had been disabled at the last service.....

Disabled remote start????

Old 01-08-2023, 08:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Now I got that message too

Jane, I hadn't gotten that message when trying and trying to use the remote start feature but I did last night. This app is worthless. It works sometimes, rarely, but not all the time. Frustrating thing is I have to believe Volvo knows this and is not working on a fix. Terrible. Car is only a 3 weeks old and living in MN we need a remote start. Thanks for your response.