General Volvo Chat Post Your Questions And Comments on any of Volvo's many models.

Volvo Car App features disappearing

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2022 | 02:37 PM
|
Question Volvo Car App features disappearing

Did anyone else notice features disappearing from their Volvo Car app today? I've had the car for about 5 months and I used to see the temperature at the car, air quality and I think a few other things but today I noticed that the screen appears to be a lot more bare on my iPhone app. The first two features I noticed missing are the air quality and clean cabin air buttons as well as the temperature of where the car is located.
I contacted support in the app and they made me sign out, back in, reset my Volvo ID which made me re-link it in my car again. They also made me to a TCAM reset by pressing and holding the front defroster button until the LTE signal shows in the top left of my screen (about 30 seconds).
None of this seems to have helped. I think something changed on the back end but the support staff are probably not aware yet.
I thought I would ask to see if anyone else noticed this today. Yesterday the features were there today they are gone. Same phone, same car, same everything. Even the Volvo app is still the same version. 5.18.0

Old 09-22-2022 | 09:28 AM

I have a 2022 XC90 Recharge that was purchased in March 2022. I noticed this morning that my "clean cabin air" button is also gone from the app. I would like to have that option back. If anyone get's it fixed, please share.

Originally Posted by azanoncello
Did anyone else notice features disappearing from their Volvo Car app today? I've had the car for about 5 months and I used to see the temperature at the car, air quality and I think a few other things but today I noticed that the screen appears to be a lot more bare on my iPhone app. The first two features I noticed missing are the air quality and clean cabin air buttons as well as the temperature of where the car is located.
I contacted support in the app and they made me sign out, back in, reset my Volvo ID which made me re-link it in my car again. They also made me to a TCAM reset by pressing and holding the front defroster button until the LTE signal shows in the top left of my screen (about 30 seconds).
None of this seems to have helped. I think something changed on the back end but the support staff are probably not aware yet.
I thought I would ask to see if anyone else noticed this today. Yesterday the features were there today they are gone. Same phone, same car, same everything. Even the Volvo app is still the same version. 5.18.0

Old 09-22-2022 | 02:10 PM
|

Mine is back today. I wondering if it has to do with the TCAM reset which I did yesterday. Maybe it took 24 hours to resync. Or maybe Volvo fixed it on the back end in a data center. I come from the IT world and my guess is someone pushed out a back end update and once they realized they broke something they rolled back the update quietly.