General Volvo Chat Post Your Questions And Comments on any of Volvo's many models.

Volvo repair near Morgantown WV

Old 08-04-2010, 08:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Volvo repair near Morgantown WV

Can anyone recomend a good repair shop near Morgantown WV? My daughter is going back to school in two weeks with her S60. I'm looking for a shop I can send her to if she has a problem.
Thanks,
TP

Old 03-03-2011, 01:23 AM

I'm also at school in Morgantown, and recently my S80 decided to have misfires on cylinders 1,3 and 5.. Now When I turn it on, it just turns off immediately, unless I give it a little gas, but as soon as I take my foot off of the accelerator it idles very roughly and in most cases stalls out.

Is there is anyone in or around Morgantown that can recommend a good shop to have Volvos worked on? I was thinking about going to Cars, Inc.
(a garage that works primarily on foreign cars; i.e. Audi, BMW, Volvo and Volkswagen) but they want to charge me around $200 just to diagnose the problem, which I believe is robbery. So, if you are out there, PLEASE help me out.

Old 03-03-2011, 07:25 AM

For what it's worth. I had a bad experience with them. My daughter called from school and said she had a ticking noise. From what she described it sounded like maybe a cracked exhaust manifold or the gasket between the Cat and front pipe (I had just replaced the pipe before she left for school). I made the appointment and sent her over to Cars for them to look at it. There estimate was $1800 to replace the manifold, cat, and front pipe (that I knew was good). Obviously I didn't have the work done. On my next trip down I brought my jack and tools. The ticking seemed to be normal engine noise (her first time under the hood). But I also jacked the car up and inspected the exhaust and found that there was nothing apparently wrong with any of the parts that they wanted to replace. No exhaust leaks anywhere.
If you find a trustworthy place near Morgantown please let us know. The nearest dealer is an hour away.
T.