General Volvo Chat Post Your Questions And Comments on any of Volvo's many models.

Volvo Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2020, 06:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Volvo Warranty

Hello,

I have a question about warranty. I have a new model XC60 which is still under warranty. It sometimes works and I can drive without a problem. However, it wont start time to time. I took it to service 3 times. First time car stayed at the service 3 days and they didn't do anything. They said car is working well and call us when there is a problem. Second time I called them but volvo road assistance didn't come on time and when they came later on car was working. Only reason they took it to service because I had a video proof that it wasn't working. My car stayed in the service for 10 days and they said that a rat ate cables and they fixed it. I payed money for it took the car back. 2 days later it break down again and this time road service came on time and witnessed the problem. They took the car back to service. It has been 2 weeks than and they cant find whats wrong with the car. Most of the time they don't even open phones anyway.

Now my question is what should I do? when does volvo has to replace the car under warranty if they cant find a solution?

Old 06-02-2020, 01:20 PM
Super Moderator
Received 502 Likes on 482 Posts

Volvo's obligations are stated in their warranty legal language. Buying back a car may not be one of their terms. The other area to investigate is whether your state has a "lemon law". These vary state by state but may have some language regarding your situation. Best to keep working with the service manager about options to escalate for factory assistance with the diagnostics

Old 06-03-2020, 06:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Service manager doesn't even open my phone. He can't give an answer anyway. Imagine a car that sometimes work and sometimes doesn't. I thought that there would be a time limit for a car to stay in the service and after that they if they cant fix it, they should find another solution.

Old 06-03-2020, 07:47 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The would be up to your state or countries Lemon or consumer protection Laws, it has nothing to do with Volvo warranty. You may not even have a Lemon Law case at this point. Wiring harness eaten by varmint, all bets are off now, that is not a warranty issue.