General Volvo Chat Post Your Questions And Comments on any of Volvo's many models.

XC90 Radio Not Working. Replacing AMP? Any compatible models?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2014, 03:54 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default XC90 Radio Not Working. Replacing AMP? Any compatible models?

The radio in my 04 XC90 (Premium Sound with Dolby Suround) is dead. I believe the head unit is still operable since it can be powered on and all the buttons can work except that when I try to turn on radio or operate the CD changer, it autotmatically powers off. When I turn the volume dial, there is no change in the volume level on the display panel. The car was flooded before due to clogged sunroof. I visually inspected the amp. It has some outside rust and some corrosion inside the unit. There are CDs stuck inside the CD changer.

I took my car to a car audio shop and they said I should replace the head unit with an aftermarket CD player. The cost is about $500. I don't mind the CD changer. As long as I can get the radio working, I am satisfied.

Any recommendation on my situation? Can I replace the amp with a used one? Do I have to go to a dealer to do that? I have VIDA and DiCE. If it doesn't require software download, I may be able to handle it.

Are there any other year, model, that can provide the same amp so that I can expand my search?

Any advice is much appreciated!