New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself.

Martens Volvo dealership scratched my car!

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 10:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Martens Volvo dealership scratched my car!

Martens Volvo dealership in DCinstalled a faulty windshield wiper on my car that badlyscratched my windshield. They have acknowledged that their part caused the damage, but refuse to replace or otherwise fix the windshield. I have called Volvo North America, but they insist that the franchisees are responsible for their actions and that they can't influence or get involved in any disputes at the franchise level. Anybody have anysuggestions on how to make Martens take responsibility for their actions?

Old 09-12-2007, 03:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Martens Volvo dealership scratched my car!

That is what small claims court is for, Send the dealer a registered letter of your complaint and intentions, he doesn't respond then take him to small claims court, You will pay a fee to have your case heard before a judge.You won't need a lawyer. For court make sure you save the original receipt for the work ,take good clear pictures of the damage, record all dates, names and phone numbers of people involved. you will also need to get at least two written estimates for the repair to the windshield. Don't pad the repair bill, small claims court judges are pretty savvy and deal with this everyday. In many cases the dealership will settle your claim when you serve them with a summons if it isn't worth the time and expense for them to defend your claims.

I am a not a lawyer, but I have been to small claims court before

Old 09-12-2007, 04:04 PM
JPN
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Martens Volvo dealership scratched my car!

Tell the dealer that you'll consider consulting BBB, as well as Volvo North America (though they refused to assist you)[8D].

Or, asan ultimate resort, write to the HQ in Sweden (mail a letter or fax it) and tell them that you'll consider buying a Lexus for your next new car, if they are not willing to ammend the situation[8D]. Make sure to emphasise how disappointed you are with Volvo North America's customer care:

Volvo Personbilar Sverige AB
Postadress: (CEO:Fredrik Arp)
Volvo Cars Sweden
405 31 Göteborg,
Sweden

Besöksadress (have no clue what this is[8D])
Rävebergsvägen, Angered

Telefon (vxl): Phone #
+46-31-325 02 00

Fax
+46-31-330 79 36
Växeln är öppen vardagar 07-18 (Looks like local biz hours).

Or, as another ultimate resort, write to their parent company, addressing it directlyto the CEO:

United States
Mailing Address
Ford Motor Company (Current CEO: William Clay Ford Jr. )
Customer Relationship Center
P.O. Box 6248
Dearborn, MI 48126
Telephone
800-392-3673
800-232-5952 (TDD for the Hearing Impaired)
Hours of Operation
8:00a.m.-5:00p.m. (Monday-Friday)[/align]

But I guess the above reply is quicker & easier.

JPN