Volvo XC70 This wagon/SUV crossover offers the capabilities of an SUV without SUV size.

Did the Volvo dealership break my car?!? Please advise...

Old 02-08-2012, 06:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Did the Volvo dealership break my car?!? Please advise...

Hello!
When we bought the xc70 at 125k miles, we were unaware of the timing belt 'issue' with Volvo's. It was brought to our attention by a friend who is a mechanic. Since we knew we'd be spending about $800 to have it replaced, we had to wait until we had the funds to do so. *This car has given us ZERO troubles in the year we've owned it.*
So we got our tax refund and took it in to the Volvo dealership since there was also a fuel pump recall on our car that we wanted to take care of.
They inspected the vehicle and came back with a few maintenance suggestions-some big, some small. None were dire. We forked over another $300 to have a few of the issues(gas can door spring, new fresh air tube) fixed.
My husband picked up the car, put gas in it, and drove home. No problem.
This morning, he put our son in the car to take him to school and the car didn't want to turn over and was sputtering. To both of us it sounded like it wasn't getting gas to the engine, but we're both rookies. I would definitely describe the sound as sputtering in the engine.
We then paid to have our car towed back to the dealership who says they can't figure out the problem. They said they put a probe in and found some radiator fluid somewhere it wasn't supposed to be, but they want to wait until morning to give it a 'cold' start???
Does this sound right to anyone? How does our vehicle which has been a great car for a year, suddenly go bad after a visit to the shop? The car was brought in for routine maintenance. It just smells fishy to me, and any help or suggestions anyone can offer are greatly appreciated!

Old 04-26-2017, 09:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Engine was sputtering, was there any sweet smelling excessive smoke from exhaust, when timing belt was done, was water pump done at the same time. How did engine perform coming home from the dealer / any check engine light on?