New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself.
View Poll Results: what do i do
new starter
100.00%
mass air flow sensor
0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

need help bad please!

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2017, 03:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help bad please!

so I just got a new battery today for my Volvo s40 2001 seems that it had just a battery problem well I take it that's not the case any more I am having to start the car countless times id say about 10-20 times with in just a matter of 10 minutes it sounds like it wants to turn over but it just wont turn over or that it wants to stay running but it wont it just stops and or that its not getting enough power from the battery, I'm thinking a starter problem if that was it though it wouldn't even turn over right but I don't know anymore since I just got a new battery today and ended having to get a jump because of me starting it so many times it killed my new battery. so I don't know what else to think of I'm not the best at knowing cars but on top of all that that I also have a crack in my radiator hose it wont hold any liquid I put In it and if it dose it just spays out of the hose like crazy. oh yeah and one more to top off all theses problems I'm trying to figure out I also have problem when after driving for maybe no longer then 30 minutes to a hour I come to a full stop and my car just starts making a weird putting sound then either dies out on me or keeps making that same sound, I look at the rpms and when its doing the putting sound it shows that the car is revving its self between 1 to 2 rpms with out me pressing the gas or any sort of thing for it to rev its self. I took a video of it doing that, I want to post to help people to better understand but I just don't know much about this site at the moment someone please help a guy out thanks...... I'm sorry if I don't make a lot of since but it try so be easy please I'm just typing what I experienced with my car thanks again!!!!!!!

Old 04-26-2017, 01:03 PM
Super Moderator
Received 71 Likes on 63 Posts

Well it isn't a starter.

Old 04-26-2017, 02:39 PM

Yeah I had figured it wasn't the starter I didn't mean to put the poll votes on their mentioning the starter or mass air flow sensor. I don't know what it is wrong with the three things that I mentioned in my thread okay

Old 04-26-2017, 02:51 PM

Dude: Stating the obvious here, but you got problems and lots of them. Or rather your car has.
Can you try and break things down and create a list of the problems including reported CELs?

It requires electricity/spark, fuel and air to make these things run. They need to happen in a certain order to get going.
Start by cleaning the IAC, Checking the fuel line pressure, battery voltage and alternator function. Crazy voltages will screw up these electronic marvels in no time.

Old 04-26-2017, 08:42 PM

Sounds to me that there is a voltage problem with either the Alternator itself or a corroded connection at battery (a new battery can still have corroded cables) A Mass airflow sensor will affect the way it runs but will never affect the way the vehicle turns over or will not crank.