New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself.

New Guy, 2005 XC90

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2015, 10:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry New Guy, 2005 XC90

Hi guys, I have owned this car since Friday. It hasn't taken over as my primary car. At this rate I don't think it will. It was priced right.

This car at so far, every time I took it out on a road test, to my first day of driving it, it has been problem free, half of the time. So what does that mean? I had the same problem with my other car. simuliar situation. And it blows my mind that there is not a recall on this issue.

I bought the car 12/18. I live in Wisconsin. The temperature is 14 degrees. Okay just so that my frustration is felt. It is night time, and it is a quick trip to get stuff for a cat my wife rescued. Okay I did have to jump start it. This car hasn't been driven, I understand that the battery is probably not new in a used car. So I make it up to the store, get my rescue feline stuff, and try to return home. The car tells me, I am "Start prevented Please try again" I was dressed well for Wisconsin standards, I was just missing my plaid shirt. So I went into the store I was at, eat my M&Ms I bought, thinking that Security was watching me closely. while I waited 5 to 10 minutes to try it again.

So as I write this, I have Googled, and found instances where "Immobilizer" and try to lock unlock remotely 5x.

Well Thank you Google, and you guys for any future advice, and hopefully this will be a good relationship with a "new to Me" car/SUV. I guess my grip is that this was a problem on the 2004 Saturn ION, and that was built in 2003. so a Problem similar to that in Volvo, isn't astonishing, but seriously if people are being stuck out in the cold, for prolong period of time. This passes for Safety where??????

Old 12-19-2015, 11:04 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its just a coincidence. A bad battery will make the car do all sorts of things. Replace the battery and go from there

Old 12-19-2015, 11:17 PM

Thanks for the quick response, That will be an easy update. Thanks again
Tobie

Old 03-09-2016, 11:12 PM

Battery has been replaced, The issue with the Key being not dependable, was about $200 repair, the immobilizer was not the issue. The Key it self had lost the spring that kicks it out, and that somehow wore something out. So That $200 was a new key blank, programming, and funny, the now spare key seems to work fine, and the new one is fine. (I haven't gone very far with out the new key on hand, just in case.) The old key is with FOB or anything else. ( I bought case to attach it too) I have some other issues , I will start in a new post. Thanks
Tobie