New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself.

New Volvo Owner

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2006, 12:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Volvo Owner

Hello All!!! I am new to the forum and I just bought a 98 V70XC for myself due second child and repeated nags from my wife about how small (with 2 child seats in the back I had to shift with my knees around my ears, just not enough room) and gremliny(it was full of gremlins!!!) my 95 vr6 jetta was. So I bit the bullet, and accepted the fact that it was time to get rid of the young boy toy and go to a more sophisticated adult toy. I chose the xc because driving in Boston and across Massachusetts in the winter months is no joke, and hope that the all wheel drive sysytem will allow me to have some fun and be safe in the snow. We'll see.

I've seen glowing remarks and bad remarks of the XC. I must say, I am a wee nervous about this car but will work with it and give it a fair chance to prove it's proud volvo heritage. Is there anything I should be wary of with this? It has $140k even on the odo.

I've always wanted a volvo and will give this car a chance to prove to me its's fine volvo engineering( as I have done with daddy's other toys) but if not, I will personally take it out back and shoot it.

It's good to know that this forum is here!