New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself.

New XC90 owner

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2010, 06:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New XC90 owner

Just became a new XC90 owner and hoping to learn as much as possible about the Volvo vehicles. I'm also VP of Sales for a Navigation company and have the XC90 factory Nav unit being shipped to me for evaluation for my company. I'll give some detailed photo's and information as I put it in my XC90.
Thanks and looking forward to enjoying my car.

Old 07-05-2010, 11:07 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

welcome

year?engine?

Old 07-06-2010, 05:28 AM
Super Moderator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

Old 08-19-2010, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by svtfocuso3
welcome

year?engine?
2010 awd v8

Old 08-21-2010, 08:25 AM

welcome!

Old 09-18-2010, 12:31 PM

So I've successfully installed a kit that my company will now offer for the XC90. It uses a Nav device that we're launching at SEMA 2010. Our kit has the replica motorized 6.5" screen however our unit has been converted to a touch screen device and a direct connect wire harness has been made. Our device, named the Prodigy One has many other features that can be added to the navigation. We have features and or options of BT, back up camera,internet browser, media player,USB input,A/V Input,radar integration,GPS tracking and control, alarm interface.

The Prodigy One was designed for many OEM and aftermarket touchscreen devices and in developing it, we found this XC90 option. You can follow the process at Directus navigation's web site and facebook page

Attached Thumbnails New XC90 owner-dsc_0230rev1x.jpg  
Old 09-18-2010, 02:58 PM

Hello, i am also a new xc90 owner

Old 11-20-2010, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by audioman11
So I've successfully installed a kit that my company will now offer for the XC90. It uses a Nav device that we're launching at SEMA 2010. Our kit has the replica motorized 6.5" screen however our unit has been converted to a touch screen device and a direct connect wire harness has been made. Our device, named the Prodigy One has many other features that can be added to the navigation. We have features and or options of BT, back up camera,internet browser, media player,USB input,A/V Input,radar integration,GPS tracking and control, alarm interface.

The Prodigy One was designed for many OEM and aftermarket touchscreen devices and in developing it, we found this XC90 option. You can follow the process at Directus navigation's web site and facebook page

Does the kit come with replacement speaker grill to accomodate pop-up nav screen? I don't have as nav in my XC90.

Is it a plug-n-play harness? I have heard nightmare stories about the XC90 audio system.

How is the screen triggered to come up? Meaning if I didn't want to use nav and just the radio is there a button to pop-up the screen like the factory nav?

How is the internet integrated into it?

Projected cost?

Time it should take to install wihtout backup cam?

Thanks

Old 11-21-2010, 09:37 AM
Default xc90

Originally Posted by ATD1
Does the kit come with replacement speaker grill to accomodate pop-up nav screen? I don't have as nav in my XC90.

Is it a plug-n-play harness? I have heard nightmare stories about the XC90 audio system.

How is the screen triggered to come up? Meaning if I didn't want to use nav and just the radio is there a button to pop-up the screen like the factory nav?

How is the internet integrated into it?

Projected cost?

Time it should take to install wihtout backup cam?

Thanks
ATD1
The factory nav system on the XC90's are independent of the audio system.

The Directus system is the whole kit and includes,6.5" lcd, motorized touchscreen, direct connect harness,award winning Prodigy One and the speaker in the center section. Prodigy One offers features and technologies not found in the factory systems like wireless ready,media player, two video inputs,one for back up camera,radar integration,GPS/alarm integration,BT,as well as the navigation. Standard features on every Prodigy One is navigation,media player,wireless ready with built in browser,video inputs,usb inputs. All other features are upgraded options.

You can see the install linked from our web site. Without back up camera, its takes only three wires to connect to the factory fuse panel and is fused thru that panel. No other wires are needed and no wires in the vehicle need to be cut. www.directusnav.com MSRP is $1899.00

The Volvo in the video is my wifes brand new XC90....

Old 01-27-2011, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by audioman11
ATD1
The factory nav system on the XC90's are independent of the audio system.

The Directus system is the whole kit and includes,6.5" lcd, motorized touchscreen, direct connect harness,award winning Prodigy One and the speaker in the center section. Prodigy One offers features and technologies not found in the factory systems like wireless ready,media player, two video inputs,one for back up camera,radar integration,GPS/alarm integration,BT,as well as the navigation. Standard features on every Prodigy One is navigation,media player,wireless ready with built in browser,video inputs,usb inputs. All other features are upgraded options.

You can see the install linked from our web site. Without back up camera, its takes only three wires to connect to the factory fuse panel and is fused thru that panel. No other wires are needed and no wires in the vehicle need to be cut. www.directusnav.com MSRP is $1899.00

The Volvo in the video is my wifes brand new XC90....
Will it work with the factory DynAudio system? I've heard that integrating anything with the Dyn is a nightmare. From what your saying it sounds like the system runs independent of the radio and just needs 12V and ground...please clarify.

Thanks