New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself.

Stork / Bundle of Joy

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2005, 12:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stork / Bundle of Joy

Greetings VolvoForums Members and Moderators,

Sunday saw the arrival of our off lease Volvo purchased via eBay auction. Clean carfax - ran it myself. It is our first time buying a car sight unseen and so far our luck has been good. The car is as described and I believe had I been able to view it before hand in person I would have been very excited to pick this car. Here's the run down...

It's a green 'o1 XC70 Touring with 74k on the odometer. The original tires have been replaced with the newer version of the Scorpions... There's good tread left and no unusual cupping or wear so I think I'm OK alignment wise. There's a parts supplier sticker on the ETM so I guess that has been changed at least once. The Auto stick shifts quickly so I'm assuming it's been updated. I've been around cars all my life and my feeling is this one was garaged, the rubber is in super shape and someone was smart enough not to wax the cladding, it is chalk free. It runs great and drives without shake so I am thinking - so far so good.

I do have a service concern, I have a shudder in the a/c / heater fan that is clearly felt if you crank it up to the full blast settings. I had the same thing happen in my 4Runner when some insulation broke loose and landed in the fan basket. I was able to fix that one myself on the 4Runner and I'm wondering if anyone has some tips on how to access the fan... I've been as far as checking out the air filter... It was too dirty to see light through so I'll be replacing it... But its restricted flow was not the cause of the shudder. The real kick will be if I can access the basket without removing the whole thing... I just need to poke a vacuum cleaner hose in there or a few fingers so I can get ahold of whatever is in there. It hope it doesn't bite. BTW with the fan on I can feel the housing vibration directly so I'm pretty confident I have it narrowed down... the motor's not making any squealing noises... Any help out there?

Thanks for all the info on the lists - Knowledge is Power

Steve

Old 08-16-2005, 10:39 PM
Administrator
Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts
Default RE: Stork / Bundle of Joy

First of all welcome and Congrats.

I don't think you can get in there without removing the blower motor.

But it is easy to remove.