North East ME, NH, VT, MA, RI, CT, NJ, NY, PA

[Nov. 21] The Backroads Sprint: Baltimore County, MD

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 12:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default [Nov. 21] The Backroads Sprint: Baltimore County, MD

The Backroads Sprint: Baltimore County
Presented by the Prestigious Innovations automotive club.
Check us out @ www.prestigiousinnovations.org

Why: Maryland houses some of the best maintained roads in the mid-atlantic region. Not to mention, a lot of these roads boast beautiful scenic areas with a history. But also, Maryland has some damn fun roads to drive on. On this route, I have chosen some of the best windy, fun, and thrilling roads Baltimore County has to offer. This cruise is for those spirited drivers who enjoy the rush of going around turns, corners, and curves, rather than strictly going fast straight. The focus of the cruise is the driving, rather than visiting. We will have some stops where we can get out and get some photos, but nothing that scenic. And we all know cars love the colder air...
When: November 21, 2009, Raindate is Nov. 28th
Begins: The Valley Inn, 10501 Falls Rd, Lutherville, MD 21093 @ 10am. We will begin departing at 11am.
Ends: North Mall Shopping Center in Carney, MD at about 3pm.

View the cruise route here:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UT...,0.529404&z=11

Rules:
- We will be observing the rules of the road. No illegal maneuvers (ex. passing/racing on double yellow, following too closely, intentional swerving, etc.)
- Faster, or more spirited drivers, should be up in the front of the pack. Slower drivers or vehicles should stay in the back of the cruise. If the group does get separated, everyone will have directions. The front of the pack will attempt to reconnect to those that get separated.
- Follow in a single file line. Do not attempt to race or pass someone on a double yellow.
- If someone is going to pass you in a passing zone, let them pass. DO NOT SPEED UP.
- We will be going around a lot of sharp turns so use caution around every turn. Be smart about it, know your cars limits.
- Due to the length and time of the cruise, the whole group can not wait for people to catch up. If you wish to wait for your friends, you may, but the entire group will still depart on schedule.
- No burnouts, parking lot races, drifting, or showing off when we stop in public areas. We are not trying to get in trouble or give this cruise, and car enthusiasts in general, a bad reputation

Those that fail to follow the rules will not be allowed to continue driving with us and will not be invited next time.

Additional information:
- I advise on bringing a lot of music, some snack food, drinks, and your cameras! Take as many pictures as you can. But keep in mind, we will be driving for extended periods of time so be prepared.
- The raindate is November 28th. If it does rain on the 24th, the cruise will not be held. We’ll need dry and clear weather to make this cruise perfect. I will update the thread the day before with the decision whether or not the cruise will be held.
- Make sure your vehicle is in good shape and is ready to take some abuse.
- It is recommended to fill your gas tank completely when we come to a gas station stop.
- If you wish to go off course for some reason, feel free. You all will have a map/directions and should be able to make your way back to the main group, if you wish.

Old 11-21-2009, 06:53 AM

Looks like the weather is going to hold up perfectly, so the cruise will be held! Once again, we will begin meeting at 10-10:30am and then depart from the Valley Inn at 11am.

I hope to see many of you there and we'll go over a few things before we leave.

So remember, bring good music, cameras, some snack food and drinks, make sure your car is in good shape and ready to take some abuse, and bring your brain! We need to be smart about today.

Old 10-08-2010, 01:16 AM

Are you guys doing this again this year?

Old 10-09-2010, 10:45 AM

More than likely, yes. I'll start working on a little different route and start gathering some ideas.

I also would LOVE to do a night-time cruise. There are several more advantages to holding at night...

Old 10-22-2010, 09:21 AM

Cool! I'm Stoked! I'll keep my eye out for more info. If you could, will you P.m. me with a reminder? Thanks!