North East ME, NH, VT, MA, RI, CT, NJ, NY, PA

Oct. 24: A Ride through Scenic Maryland: Baltimore County Cruise '09

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 04:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oct. 24: A Ride through Scenic Maryland: Baltimore County Cruise '09

A Ride through Scenic Maryland: Baltimore County Cruise, Fall '09

Intro

Maryland has been nicknamed "America in Miniature" because so much is packed into its roughly 11,000 square miles of land and water. It is only 42nd in size, when compared to the all of the states in the union. Despite its small size, you can find just about any kind of natural feature here, except a desert. In fact, we have rolling hills, lakes, impressive waterways, cliffs, mountains, sculpted plains, rolling fields, an abundance of farmland, natural valleys, and woodlands. The best way to get to appreciate and explore this state, is through its roadways.

Maryland has a vast network of roads which allows you to get up close and personal. A lot of these roads are a lot fun to drive on and can get your heart racing. Not only will you get to see the natural wonders of the land, you’ll get to see some wildlife and how we humans have shaped and sculpted this land. As a matter of fact, did you know Maryland contains no natural lakes?…. Anyways, you can check out the amazing houses, family owned small businesses, local farms, and see how others enjoy living here.

My goal for this cruise is to take everyone on a visual exploration of what this state, in several different areas. I tried to stick to a lot of the designated scenic byway routes, but wanted to give this cruise my own twist and take you all on some areas you may have never seen before. I have been on every single road on this route, many, many times, and now, I know the area like the back of my hand. I want to show everyone what I get to see and hope they get to enjoy it as well.

This isn’t just for the local car enthusiasts who may love going on curvy roads. Rather for everyone else who has an interest in this state, or may under appreciates this state and don‘t realize what is right here. Its for those that love going out for a drive to clear your mind, its for those that like looking out your side window and take in what’s out there.

Bring your comfortable clothes, cameras, and a lot of good music. Bring those that want to go on a scenic ride or those that maybe don’t get to see these parts of Maryland. The best part is, we will be driving in the heart of fall as the leaves are/have changed. So come join me, and the Prestigious Innovations automotive club, on October 24th, 2009 for a Ride through Scenic Maryland, featuring Baltimore County.

Old 10-15-2009, 04:19 PM

A Ride through Scenic Maryland: Baltimore County Cruise, Fall '09
Presented by the Prestigious Innovations automotive club. Check us out at www.prestigiousinnovations.org

When: October 24th, Raindate: October 31st
Start: Meadowood Regional Park, 10650 Falls Road, Lutherville-Timonium, Maryland 21093
Starts When?: Begin meeting at 10:30am, depart at 11am sharp.
End: Hampton National Historic Site, 535 Hampton Ln, Towson, MD 21286
Ends When?: Estimated around 4-430pm.

View the cruise route here: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UT...a9867128680d3d

I will pass out an itinerary to everyone that comes to the event, which will include directions and a map of the route.

Rules:
- We will be observing the rules of the road. No illegal maneuvers (ex. passing/racing on double yellow, following too closely, intentional swerving, etc.)
- Faster, or more spirited drivers, should be up in the front of the pack. Slower drivers or vehicles should stay in the back of the cruise. Due to the frequency of stops, those that may get behind the main group will not be that far behind the rest.
- Follow in a single file line. Do not attempt to race or pass someone on a double yellow.
- If someone is going to pass you in a passing zone, let them pass. DO NOT SPEED UP.
- We will be going around a lot of sharp turns so use caution around every turn.
- Due to the length and time of the cruise, the whole group can not wait for people to catch up. If you wish to wait for your friends, you may, but the entire group will still depart on schedule.
- No burnouts, parking lot races, drifting, or showing off when we stop in public areas. We are not trying to get in trouble or give this cruise, and car enthusiasts in general, a bad reputation

Additional Information:
- I advise on bringing a lot of music, some snack food, drinks, and your cameras! Take as many pictures as you can. We will be driving for extended periods of time so be prepared.
- The raindate is October 31st. If it does rain on the 24th, the cruise will not be held. We’ll need dry and clear weather to make this cruise perfect.
- Make sure your vehicle is in good shape and is ready to take some abuse.
- It is recommended to fill your gas tank completely when we come to a gas station stop.
- If you wish to go off course for some reason, feel free. You all will have a map/directions and should be able to make your way back to the main group, if you wish.
- The Ladew Topiary Gardens tour is optional. Those that do not wish to participate can stay there and take a stretch.

I ask you all in return to spread the word and try to get as many people as you can to come to this. Feel free to contact me for any additional information. I hope to see everyone there!

Old 10-21-2009, 03:43 PM

Alrighty, I have made a couple of changes to the cruise. It has been shortened, with 1 less stop. The estimated total driving time is now 2.5hrs and the total time for the cruise is going to take about 4 hours. So if we start at 11am, it'll be over around 3-3:30pm.

Also, it looks like rain this Saturday for the majority of the day. I think this may work in our favor a majority of the leaves have not turned yet. So keep in mind, if it does rain on Saturday, the cruise will be held on Halloween.

Hopefully since now that the cruise is shorter, it won't scare as many people away, yet still get a good experience of the area. To view the changed cruise route, click here: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UT...a9867128680d3d

Thanks again, and I hope to see many of you there!

Old 10-23-2009, 07:20 PM

Due to the high chance of thunderstorms tomorrow, the cruise will not be held! Instead, it'll move to the raindate of October 31st. Same starting time, same starting place. I look forward to seeing many of you there. We'll get done rather early so it should interfer with everyone's Halloween plans.

Old 10-31-2009, 12:37 AM

Alrighty so since the weather is looking like its going to hold up, the cruise is on for tomorrow. Me and the Prestigious Innovations club will be arriving a little early, but as mentioned, we are leaving at 11am sharp.

Again, I hope to see many of you there. Remember the music, some snack food, drinks, a lot of good music, and your cameras.

Before we leave, I'll run over some things with everyone and then we'll head off.