North East ME, NH, VT, MA, RI, CT, NJ, NY, PA

Dealership problem

Old 02-18-2010, 01:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealership problem

I was informed that Volvo will not help me get the AWD on my 2006 XC90 fixed since I am 1000 mi. over the warranty and 3 months out. There's no way to know this was a problem until I actually needed the AWD or I certainly would have had the problem corrected prior to my warranty running out.
Volvo is informing that the dealer will not go to bat for me since I do not have my car serviced there and show them no loyaly.
As an owner of 2 volvos and 1 prior---where is Volvo's loyalty to ME as I've shown THEM by purchasing their cars? They simply cannot pass the buck saying the dealer doesn't want to do it because I haven't used them for service. If the dealer was any good, I would have used them. As far as I'm concerned Bill Gray is the WORST car dealership I've ever been associated with. Volvo corporate has a responsibility to their customers to do what's right.
This is on Volvo I'm afraid and they've lost me as a customer for good. I will get rid of both my Volvos and never step foot into any Volvo dealership again. In this kind of market where a good buying customer should receive some amount of loyalty, they have completely lost sight of what's important.

Old 02-18-2010, 02:49 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I THINK MAYBE PULL THE CODES FIRST it might be as simple as a sensor problem -but who knows because you havent said what the problem is exactly -oohhhh do tell please

Old 02-20-2010, 07:03 PM

Most likely you have a bad pressure sensor in the DEM causing your awd not to work. Their is a tsb on this. I would have it checked out before getting rid of all of your volvos. As for dealers I understand both sides of the coin on that one, maybe you should try Rahal Volvo or come see me at Volvo of Erie. Maybe we could help you out.

Old 02-21-2010, 11:41 AM
Default Help

Thank you for your help. The dealer said they checked and the driveshaft is not turning. They said they THINK it needs either a connecting sleeve or an angle gear but wouldn't know until they opened it up. If it's just a sleeve then like $600, but if something more, could be thousands and with no commitment for help with warranty I wasn't taking any chances that they opened it up and surprise it's now a couple thousand to get my car back. What do you think? I am taking my V70 (70,000 miles) to Rahal since I won't go back to Bill Gray for work next week since I DID buy an extended warranty on that car. Check engine light comes on intermittently and the car just shuts off occasionally when slowing down to stops. Didn't think I would need it on my XC90 as I didn't expect major problems this close to 50,000 miles. The only way to know there was a problem with the AWD for me was when I got stuck in the snow. For all I know, the AWD could have been out for a year. Haven't had much snow until nowand my wife just drives it locally.

Last edited by hagen; 02-21-2010 at 11:44 AM. Reason: additions
Old 02-21-2010, 12:15 PM

If the driveshaft is not turning then the connecting sleeve is worn out. I have seen this plenty of times. The part is only about $100? or less and labor im guessing is about $350? This is assuming you have the five cyl model? If I can help just LMK good luck