Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Anything Goes.

Beware of yardsalersco.com

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 04:38 PM
Administrator
Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Beware of yardsalersco.com

Just wanted to let you guys know that you need to beware of yardsalersco.com.

I was in need of some computer parts to fix a couple of laptops so I went to CraigsList to try to find some locally. I found a listing in a nearby town and contacted the seller via e-mail, no phone number. In a few minutes I received a call to complete my order. Things seem to go so well that I decided to contact them a few minutes later to order more parts. Received another call in minutes so I added the new parts to my order. Minutes later I received an updated invoice with my new total. Checked out and paid for the items.

While I had the sales rep on the phone he explained that my order would be shipped and I would either receive them Saturday (in 2 days) or they would be shipped then. Great I thought. Well, a week later no parts so the next day I went to contact the vendor only to find NO ADD for them on cl in the city I initially found them. Hmmmm, so into my history I went only to find their add flagged. So into my e-mail I went to dig up the invoice. I sent them a message asking for a call, none. So into my call long I went. Called the number and received a recording "the number you dialed is not a working number". Dang!!! So I sent another e-mail from another address acting like I wanted to order a part, no call within an hour. Grrrrrrrrrrr. So I send another message, 2 hours after my initial one, but this one was a little agressive. Finally got a response but the person was a little tessy saying that I should calm down. I explained in my next message that I have ALL DAY to deal with NOT GETTING MY ORDERED PARTS, so I'm not the one to mess with. I guess he didn't believe me.

The next day (still no parts) I requested tracking information. Back and forth with him telling me that he doesn't like doing business with me, I explain that he can simply refund my money and I'll move on. He then claims that they didn't ship since I gave them a PO box so he would personally make sure it was shipped to the po box by the next day. So, I sent my physical address just in case and a day or two later I get another message claiming that my parts were shipped. Five days later still no parts, so back to the e-mail. A day or two later I still had no parts and no updated response from the vendor. Still NO tracking information for the shipment I decided to file a claim with PayPal.

I file a claim with PayPal and Yard Salers Co. post a response claiming that they shipped parts to me twice and that I am trying to get 2 orders of parts from them for free (now I'm steeling from them). What!!! So PayPal sends me a notice that I need to respond again but Yard Salers did something in PayPal that prevented me from taking action on the claim. The only actions I could take was to cancel the claim or change the claim stating that I did receive the parts, so, NOT. I dug deep into PayPal and called them. After a few minutes on the phone PayPal refunded me the money that I paid. I guess they quickly seen that this was some sort of scam.

Lession... USE PAYPAL whenever possible. I am so glad that I didn't give those people my charge card number.