Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Anything Goes.

Man, I Got Spanked The Other Day...

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 08:50 AM
Administrator
Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Red face Man, I Got Spanked The Other Day...

Before I forget to let you guys know, I got spanked a few nights ago by what looked to be a Chevy, if I had to guess, Cavalier or something like that. Some cheep looking smaller Chevy.

I pulled up to a red light about to get on the beltway and I noticed this smaller Chevy with some wheels on it that looked like the Titans on my 850 R. So I figured the driver thought it was sporty. The light turned green and he accelerated off a little peppy so I followed suit. When he entered the bletway on ramp, he sped up so I did the same, figuring this would peak his interest. Once we got on the beltway, the car circuled mine and pulled beside me and slowed down to about 50 mph. He reved so I took that as a signal to go. That car dusted me from 50 to about 80, it was about 4 car legnths ahead of me then backed off. I figured, what the heck, lets try that again so I made sure I was in "S" and we slowed down and gave it anothe shot, SPANKED AGAIN. About 4 or 5 car legnths from 55 to about 80. It was like I had my turbo turned off compared to that thing. We go on I-40 and gave it one more confirmation that his car was purly faster than mine. I should have turned on my flashers and pulled off the side of the road as a sign of surrender.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still proud of the guts of my stock mid-sized family sedan that kicks butt most of the time. But it was nice to find someone to have a little fun with. I kinda wish we had a place like out in the desert where I could have opened up on his to see what his top end was like. Some of these cars are nothing pass 120.

If I see the guy again and figure out what he has I'll let you guys know.

Old 01-26-2010, 09:13 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey man, I got beat by a 1999 Chevy Blazer back when my car was hurting. I'd beat him now though!

Lemme at him!

Old 01-26-2010, 09:53 AM
Super Moderator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Whew! And I thought you were going all kinky on us. Probably had dropped a small block 350 in it. It took his 8 cylinders to beat your 5. Keep your head up my good man.

Old 01-26-2010, 11:52 AM

You sir, met a Chevy Cobalt SS Supercharged

Modded, they can be rather quick.

Old 01-26-2010, 12:24 PM
Super Moderator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got spanked by a Dodge Neon SRT-4 a few months back. Very disappointing. There is always another car thats faster.

Old 01-26-2010, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by Mad Matt
You sir, met a Chevy Cobalt SS Supercharged

Modded, they can be rather quick.
I doubt it was the supercharged version as they are slow as ****, but you may have encountered a new turbocharged version 09-up and the sir are definitely moving out. They are direct injection and the fuel system alone is enough to sustain up to 450whp with no additional modification. We did a Disco Potato upgrade to one with a hard pipe upgrade and full exhaust using HP Tuners software it made 390/365 to the wheels on 18psi that was an impressive little tire burner.

Old 01-26-2010, 07:37 PM
JP

Oh man, I HATE the suck *** Cobalt SS. A car like the Cobalt does not deserve the label of "SS." I cringe every time I see one.

My most recent race was against my friend from work and his Altima SE-R. That hurt my ego a bit. I had him in first, but fell off when I hit second. Then he decided to name my car "Grandma's Grocery Getter." lol

Last edited by JP; 01-26-2010 at 07:42 PM.
Old 01-26-2010, 11:07 PM
Got Boost?
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Let me at him. Boost is going to get turned back up now!

Old 01-27-2010, 04:55 AM
Administrator
Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Men, that looks like the car. I knew it was a smaller Chevy. When he punched it the 2nd time, I thought I heard something kick in like a turbo but it didn't sound the same. I was wondering if he had a little Nitrous but it did not sound like that either. I ran against a nitrous Civic at DragMax and it wasn't the same. So those little buggers can fly huh? (Just checked the numbers on the Chevy site - 260hp, 2926 lbs, new which means running at peak preformance, and a 5 speed). I guess that 20 to 36hp made the difference).

I've tried to pick a spat with a few of those new Camaro's. I've thought that the SS models would knock my socks off but I would try and see anyway.
I'm going to tune my car up and get it to the track to get the Official 1/4 Mile times then start mods to make it a better sleeper. But Boxpin is right, there is always someone a little more committed than you, faster, stronger, and more $$$ invested.

Last edited by rspi; 01-27-2010 at 05:03 AM. Reason: addition
Old 01-27-2010, 07:26 AM
Super Moderator

I will never forget the time I got beat by a little red car. We were in traffic and he was right on my rear in the left lane. Traffic opened up and I floored it just to get him off my tail. He went around me on the right like I was standing still. I was drving my 89 760 Turbo at the time. He was driving the 93 Mazda RX7. I went out and test drove the RX7 and guess what it is the fastest car I ever drove. I got rid of the 760 within weeks of that and I got my first 850 Turbo a 94 Model. I would still like to have one of those RX7's though, but afriaid I might kill myself in it.

Old 01-27-2010, 03:11 PM
Super Moderator

That's the nice thing about a Volvo. You can go "fast" and still survive.

Old 01-27-2010, 05:29 PM

I like the tags on this thread...

"guys" and "spanked"
lol

Old 01-27-2010, 06:13 PM

New to the site, your car modded?

Old 01-27-2010, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by v4lve
New to the site, your car modded?
Who?
Me?

Or RSPI?
-Because he has an 850R. Needs no modding, LOL!

Old 01-27-2010, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by Lyonsroar
Who?
Me?

Or RSPI?
-Because he has an 850R. Needs no modding, LOL!
haha, his - but trust me the R's wake up quite a bit with a couple mods

Old 01-27-2010, 08:03 PM

That they do. but the same can be said about any car.

Old 01-27-2010, 08:23 PM
Got Boost?
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mad matt
that they do. But the same can be said about any car.

:d

Old 01-27-2010, 09:17 PM

My latest race was against my friends Tahoe, an 05' I think. It had an exhaust and possibly a chip. Ive only heard some of his other friends say that about the chip though. I was a 2008 S60 2.5T, completely stock. But we started off at 50 and went to about 100 I think. Either way, we stayed kinda close until about 70, then I pulled away. He tried 3 times, and I won all of them, lol.

Old 01-27-2010, 09:33 PM
Administrator
Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

I have messed with a few with mine. I would have to say the best one so far was a LT1 Trans am.
I was sitting at a light minding my own business taking my daughter to her school for a basket ball game. He pulled up next to me revving up and jumping the car. I sat there laughing. The light turned green and he punched it squealing the tires taking off. I knew I could not take off that hard or I would burn the 1st 3 gears. So I took off somewhat hard till I was good for now spinning and put it to the floor. By the time I hit 3rd gear I was already 1/2 a car ahead. Then I just walked him from there.

That same night I had 2 more cars try to egg me on and I shook my head at them and laughed. One was an older Celica GT that looked like a rat hole. The other was some older junk as well.

I also had a guy in a VW Bug turbo mess with me as well. By second he was toast. a mile down the road as I was turning off I got a big thumbs up from him.

I have not gotten spanked lately because I usually do not mess around much. But one day I will get spanked and will respect it as well.

Old 01-27-2010, 09:51 PM
JP

My first race with my car was right after I got it. Guy in a early 90's Maxima wanted to race, I won that one easily. Then somebody in a Honda hatchback with loud fart can wanted to go, I beat that one easily. Then I raced my friend's '04 350Z. Doing a rolling start in 1st w/ turbo spooled we were dead even. He took over in second however. He was actually surprised how much I kept up with him though. Then the SE-R I lost to. I respected it but I talked a lot of trash going into the race and then couldn't back it up, hehe.

Quick Reply: Man, I Got Spanked The Other Day...