Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Anything Goes.

Man, I Got Spanked The Other Day...

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 07:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GMC Typhoon.....

I have 1992 GMC Typhoon and love to spank the XXXX out of everything I meet ....!!!

Cb

Old 04-27-2010, 01:34 PM
Administrator
Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Sweet story about the Charger. I've alway wondered what they could do. That must really suck having a family size luxary Volvo kick your butt (american hot rod).

Last edited by rspi; 05-15-2010 at 08:10 AM. Reason: correction
Old 05-08-2010, 03:27 AM

I had one of the best races today.... and wow ... this was shear power battle...

my 2007 Volvo s80 v8 awd 4.4L 311 hp vs a Dodge Charger v8 5.7L 350hp model..

He pulled next me on the highway after I had gone by him very quick with the v8 in my car rumblin...

the we get side by side, I beep the horn 3 times... and we're off.... my car started in 3rd gear, and Wow right off the line the v8 in my car jumped ahead of his by a huge margine, my car hits 4th gear and his car powers forward takes the lead by some good distance, my car changes to 5th gear, his car must have changed gear but I come launching past him for the undeniable win....

heh we did this 3 times same result!!!!!...... the funny thing was you could here my engine but his engine WAS SOOO MUCH LOUDER lol...

I am shocked to see a (i think) a 2.2 ton car (s80) move like that.... its acceleration was relentless...

I really dont kno what volvo was thinking when they made this v8...How do they manange to make such a heavy heavy sedan move like that, its unbelivable!

Old 05-08-2010, 10:10 AM
Administrator

Good engineering. Torque tuning, transmission preformance, fuel delivery, electronics, etc. There are a lot of great cars out there but it is funny how people never change their opinion of a car. I spoke to a lady the other day that told me that she thought ALL Volvo's were diesel. Volvo owners know that Volvo's have evolved a lot since the mid 1980 cars. But most baby boomers and the generation after may never know what they are missing.

Old 05-10-2010, 11:47 PM

i love that at 100 my car still pulls, so fun destroying them new bmw's in my stock s70t5.. wonder what they are thinking when they get beat lol because i doubt they have any idea why the car that they paid 20time more than i did is blowing past em..

Old 05-15-2010, 08:14 AM
Administrator

Had fun yesterday messing around with a BMW 535 and MB 320 (some smaller read one). I was going about 55 in a 65 and the BMW went by doing about 75. I jumped behind him pretty quickly and then I seen the MB make a move behind me. We swapped spaces for about 6 miles and all exited the crowded freeway at the same location and went differnt directions. They both seemed surprised as to how I was getting around.

Old 05-15-2010, 03:53 PM

What kind of engine?

Old 06-05-2010, 06:01 PM
Administrator

Huh??? What kind of engine in what?

Old 06-05-2010, 06:08 PM
Administrator

Caulk one up for the GLT. I was heading east on I-40 the other day with family in the car (we also had the trunk loaded for a 4 day trip). I switched into the slow lane to pass a newer model Maxima and the thing started speeding up. My wife noticed it and ask "is that car speeding up?" I said yes and started to pick up a little speed. Well, the person in the Maxima floored it. It was pretty quiet but I notice that it was gaining speed a little quicker. So I let it get 2 car lengths ahead just to see what would happen and I then floored it. The GLT immediately held it's ground and started to close the gap. A few seconds later we were neck & neck, then the GLT started to slowly pull ahead. Wow! I almost could not believe it. A old LPT keeping up & passing a newer Maxima. Once I got about 2 car lengths ahead I noticed that I was still pulling away slowly and we were approaching other cars so I let off the gas and ended the embarrassment. Go Volvo!!!

Old 06-10-2010, 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by rspi
Caulk one up for the GLT. I was heading east on I-40 the other day with family in the car (we also had the trunk loaded for a 4 day trip). I switched into the slow lane to pass a newer model Maxima and the thing started speeding up. My wife noticed it and ask "is that car speeding up?" I said yes and started to pick up a little speed. Well, the person in the Maxima floored it. It was pretty quiet but I notice that it was gaining speed a little quicker. So I let it get 2 car lengths ahead just to see what would happen and I then floored it. The GLT immediately held it's ground and started to close the gap. A few seconds later we were neck & neck, then the GLT started to slowly pull ahead. Wow! I almost could not believe it. A old LPT keeping up & passing a newer Maxima. Once I got about 2 car lengths ahead I noticed that I was still pulling away slowly and we were approaching other cars so I let off the gas and ended the embarrassment. Go Volvo!!!
HAHA i used to do that all the time with my GLT, how that i have a T5 no one that i have come across yet has had a chance..

I was driving on a open highway about a week ago at like 10pm and (what i think to be) a cobalt, i think kinda older.. went zooming past me so i catch up and i'm just drivin next to him for a while going kinda quick down the road and then we slow down a lil and he beeps his horn, I jump on him hard and were going about 100 and i look in my mirror and i start to see his fish-tail!!!!! i thought he was going to lose it and kill himself!! haha that would have sucked but he got out of it..
Good thing i was in front of him though

Also when we got to the next light i embarrassed him once again

Old 06-24-2010, 09:56 AM

[quote=JP;202788]Oh man, I HATE the suck *** Cobalt SS. A car like the Cobalt does not deserve the label of "SS." I cringe every time I see one.

The Cobalt SS is the fastest FWD production car around the Nurburgring! Fully deserving of the SS moniker.

Old 10-05-2010, 08:44 PM
Administrator

Got a cheap thrill today. I was cruising down I-40 and happened to be passing the exit to my home and seen my neighbor getting on the freeway in his Mercury Marauder. He is always talking smack about how fast it is so I rolled next to him, slowed down and told him to hit it. Well, he quickly learned what the back of my T-5R looks like.

Old 10-06-2010, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by rspi
Got a cheap thrill today. I was cruising down I-40 and happened to be passing the exit to my home and seen my neighbor getting on the freeway in his Mercury Marauder. He is always talking smack about how fast it is so I rolled next to him, slowed down and told him to hit it. Well, he quickly learned what the back of my T-5R looks like.

hahahaha

Old 10-06-2010, 08:27 PM
Super Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Suuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhweeeeeeeeetttttt!!!

Old 10-07-2010, 05:24 PM
Super Moderator

Nice kill!

Old 11-13-2010, 10:08 PM
Administrator

Had the pleasure of another surprise today. My daughter was having misfires with her S70 GLT so I went to her college and picked it up. On the way home, I was crusing down the freeway through some small country towns going about 65 in a 70. Looked in my mirror and seen a rather large BMW coming up behind me and it looked as if the driver was swatting spiders on the dash. As he got closer it looked like he was playing drums to his music in his car so I moved into the slow lane.

As he passed, I decided to match his speed. I figured if he had energy to play drums, he might be up to a little speed fun. We were going about 73, side by side for about 10 seconds. Then I moved up so I was looking over his hood. Sat there for about 10 seconds before he tried to creep up. So I stayed a little ahead of him, 75, 78, 80, 83. When we passed 80 I reached down and pushed the S on the preformance buttons. At 83, I heard the 733 open up, as soon as he did, I punched it. Within seconds I was about 3 car lengths ahead. We quickly started approaching traffic and I seen cars clearing the fast lane. Once I knew he felt pain I hit the brakes so he would see that I was slowing down on purpose. Couldn't really see him look at me as he went by but I was surprised that the GLT was able to jump ahead of that big BIMMER.

Old 09-29-2011, 11:18 AM
Administrator

Got a little pressure today from a Toyota Tundra 4 x 4. I was in the right lane and needed to be in the left. The light turned green and I jumped out a little, then I noticed the truck was not dropping back as I expected so I floored it. I got ahead enough to take the left lane but it really wasn't safe so I backed off and dropped behind him. I was a little surprised but heck, trucks have torque off the line.

Old 09-30-2011, 02:14 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, these T5 Volvoes are wolves. After my 16psi remap, all else is stock, i've been neck and neck with:

2010 WRX 5MT 85-137mph
Supercharged C4 A6 100-140mph
walked away from an 04 Acura TL auto 100+ (when I was stock)
beat up on a Lexus LS400 80-140mph

There could be more but I forget. Be safe and use good judgment.

Old 09-30-2011, 10:31 AM

Gotta love the turbo-bricks!!!

Old 10-03-2011, 04:27 AM

raced an M3 today, started at about 55mph.. he took off first but i kept up and think i could have passed him if he didn't stop at a little over 100

Quick Reply: Man, I Got Spanked The Other Day...