90 740 GLE wagon : ARGHH need ANY leads to mostly interior used parts

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2005, 08:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 90 740 GLE wagon : ARGHH need ANY leads to mostly interior used parts

[X(]

I posted in August about perhaps buying this car - and I did. so far, pretty good, nothing major wrong or seeming like its about to go wrong...

BUT...there ARE no volvos in local salvage here of this type. It is a 1990 740 Wagon, GLE, 16, white..and the parts I need are mostly detail or interior parts...

I REALLY need leads to anywhere that anyone knows of, that has this car being parted out. and YES I have posted to some of the net search sites for parts sites... nothing so far.

Anyone HAVE one of these theyre parting out? Or can send me to somewhere real that might have one?

Most desperately, I need the following before a kid or a canine gets hurt:

*passenger side right rear tailight INTERIOR compartment access cover.
*driver side rear seat fold down release latch/cover/insert, whatever it s called LOL
*passenger side rear door latch release exterior cover - the latch is there and works, the handle to cover it is missing
*the front seats center console is a wreck, need one of those too

I need to find these parts, as a pup already got its foot stuck when the back seats were down, and it stepped in the HOLE where the release latch/and cover for it should be.

A kid back there got shocked sticking wet fingers into the rear tailights, because the interior cover is missing. Same kid pinched fingers and scratched face on the uncovered rear passenger door latch..

ARGHHHHHHHH

I also read in the manual that these wheels/rims are "air dam"??WHAT is THAT?? Because I have 3 wheels stock on the car, and one with a diffferent rim thats not "air dam" they tell me...so I need to replace that with whatever it is that is supposed to be on it, and keep the one I remove for a spare.
I have NO CLUE what "air dam" means or does...can one of you enlighten me?
I appreciate any and all leads....

thanks wufmama
(Regina ThunderHawk)

Old 11-15-2005, 06:27 PM
Default RE: 90 740 GLE wagon : ARGHH need ANY leads to mostly interior used parts

What city do you live in? Have you looked on www.craigslist.org ? I often find cars that are being parted out or non-running cars for cheap. Sounds like you need to strap that kid down, what does not kill him will only make him stronger. I am pretty sure that the GLE has alloy rims. My guess is that you have 3 alloy rims and one steel rim. I have bought rims from some of the local repair shops around town. I am not sure where you live, but you might try the yellow pages and look for Volvo repair shops, Volvo dealers and junk yards (I know you already mentioned that there are no 740's in your area) but perhaps they have some 14 or 15 inch alloy rims for cheap. Best of luck.

Old 02-12-2006, 12:38 PM
Default RE: 90 740 GLE wagon : ARGHH need ANY leads to mostly interior used parts

Still looking for parts?e do you live?

Old 02-17-2006, 12:40 AM

Try this site --- http://www.vlvworld.com/indexframe.html

Old 02-20-2006, 11:44 PM

call the volvo clinic ,here in Mt. Airy ,Ga. @ 1-706-776-7308 and ask for Milton....this guy is great and has many volvos to choose from..parts that is..