Can somebody give me info on a VIN #

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2006, 02:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can somebody give me info on a VIN #

Hello friends, as I posted in a previous message I just bought a 1,995 940 turbo wagon, I had the luck of finding all the service records manual with all the stamps from the dealer and also a lot of the invoices where the car almost complete history on it, but still I have my doubts, the VIN # YV1W8611S1154063. Does anyone here knows how to get info on it. I tried on the net but you need to pay for and here in Central America is not that easy to do so on the net, the result has 38 records but i really dont know if they are bad or not at all.
I dont have a lot of money so I dont want any surprises along the road, please help I am very excited about this car but just want to make sure it is not a lemon.

Thank you guys.

Just for your info the car was bought at Copart auctions and it has benn crash but was only the front and not too bad, I saw it before repair and only one headlamp and the gril had to be replace and didnt touch any part of the motor or the front wheels.

Old 04-21-2006, 02:36 AM
Default RE: Can somebody give me info on a VIN #

When you have your registration renewed with the state, that goes on the car's record. Same thing when you have your state inspection done. If the car is ever sold, same thing. And when you have your car serviced, it's usually recorded. Your car is a '95, so you do the math. That's assuming, of course that the car was legally driven every year since it was built. Usually, if it had been involved in a major accident, something would have shown up with the online service you used.

I'm not saying that your car is not a lemon...I'm just pointing out what some of those "records" represent.

Don't worry...besides, it IS a Volvo. If it's broken, you can fix it!

Old 04-21-2006, 02:39 PM
Default RE: Can somebody give me info on a VIN #

thanks, pointing out what have just said, I know the car has a record of services done every 5,000 miles until 105,000 so just there is 21 records because it was done in a Volvo dealer, maybe if you add up the emissions control etc etc, and of course the last accident which made the car being sold at an aution.

Thanks for your help