clutch cable problem!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 01:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clutch cable problem!!!

I go to a college that is a pretty far drive from home and few weeks ago my car(1992 volvo 240) started having a really hard time shifting(would almost have to jam it into gear) the problem seemed to steadily get worse. Until a couple days ago when i went to turn the car on, which worked fine, until i tried to put it in gear. The gears were grinding and it would not go into gear no matter how hard i tried. So, i pumped the clutch pedal a couple then pushed hard again and it went into gear. Then the car started moving backwards(as i was in reverse) without even touching the gas pedal. I quickly hit the break then the car stalled out. I repeated this a couple times to no avail. I called my dad and he said that it was probably just a simple adjustment of the clutch cable. Only problem is I dont know what tool(s) i need and i dont even know where the clutch cable is(though im guessing near the transmission) I dont know whether to tighten or loosen it. I am supposed to leave school in a few days so im kinda crunched for time. Any help would be great thanks!

Old 04-30-2008, 10:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: clutch cable problem!!!

yeah, sondslike you require a cable re-adjustment. i cant recall what the turn thing is forin or out...i suggest you play around with it and find out. you are on the right path, now take the next tep and fiddle around.