IPD customer service

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2014, 11:35 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default IPD customer service

I needed an odometer gear so I went to place an order with IPD Volvo.
The part was $24 and shipping was $12 for something as big as my little fingernail.
To take advantage of FREE shipping I ordered more parts to bring my total to $212.

Because they were out of stock on some of the parts I ordered, they said they would delay my shipping for two months...!

When I called them they said they would split my shipping and send me the items that were in stock for $10 shipping.

I told them that when I deal with anyone else and they are out of stock on an item, they send me what is in stock now and the out of stock items arrive when they are available.

IPD will not send the items without an additional shipping charge.

Talk about BAD customer service.

I'll buy elsewhere......

Old 11-03-2014, 03:35 PM
Got Boost?
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry, but that is not bad customer service.

Every place I buy from has the exact same rules for shipping.
If you want them separate you have to pay a handling fee.

If you want bad customer service, you should checkout the threads for the smaller companies. No communication at all with them.

I know how you feel on some orders, but you are just nit-picking here. No offense.

Old 11-03-2014, 06:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1 on them having great customer service.

I have a few items that are (were) BO. They called me to tell me when the expected release date for one of the items would be. That blew my mind. A vendor that I dealt with online called ME to tell me what the status of my order was.

I work in customer service and try to give the people I deal with the same courtesy that IPD has shown me. I find that more often than not, it's like pulling teeth with some of the vendors I have to deal with on a daily basis.

Old 11-03-2014, 11:25 PM

In the past i have often placed large orders from IPD to take advantage of the free shipping. Plus that is just how i like to shop, get everything i need for a job at once. Of course sometimes it can be hard to foresee everything in these old cars... Thats besides the point. I have have several times been in the same situation. I have found that as long as i just don't make a big deal out of it IPD usually just sends it along in 2 or even several time 3 shipments with no extra monies requested, because they know something else will break on this volvo... Or maybe they just miss it.

They have a right to charge for another shipment.. Its all in attitude.

BBman

Old 11-04-2014, 01:25 PM
no mo volvo
Received 101 Likes on 94 Posts

indeed. store personnel tend to react negatively to people with hostile attitudes, its just human nature.

Old 11-04-2014, 07:39 PM

+1. Even when they called me about an issue with my paypal account (what's new, paypal is always broken) they were nice enough. Shipping is high because they're in an expensive part of the country and sell things most people don't have access to. Cost of dealing with cars that have expensive parts.