need help !!!

Old 07-13-2006, 09:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help !!!

hi i need help i am trying to get answer from a long post under alans mustang about buying a 1983 glt 242 turbo, my name is john and i think i messed up when i typed it in as a reply.... if you can back track and give a answer that would be great, thanks so much, have a great day

Old 07-14-2006, 09:02 PM
Administrator
Received 38 Likes on 36 Posts
Default RE: need help !!!

hi, its been a while since i have needed your input about buying my 1998 v 90. I love the car its runs great !! . I have my cobra up for sale and I was looking for another toy. I have come across a 1983 volvo 242GLT, she has 245000 miles logged on ,the body does not have any rust any where, there is a complete maintenance log since new. So heres whats wrong with her that I can see , 1 she needs a paint job , 2 a new windshield stone size of thumb nail, 3 the pass leather seat needs to be redone cracks 4, The owners are telling me that the car was bought by the husband to work on and use as a toy, this makes the 2nd owners, he got sick and passed on and they are now selling the car, the car has been sitting for along time . they wanted to start the car to be able to sell her BUT they couldn,t , she turns over ligths up and dies, they had a non volvo repair shop try to get her going they replaced the in tank fuel pump a battery and still won,t run . now they think it could be the continuous mechanical fuel injection distributor !!. cost about 350.00 just for the part. they do not want to spend any more on the car. so this brings me to ask how hard is the fuel system to work on ,are ther any prombels with it to keep it going . I will be useing her only during the summer sitting all winter. is the system reliable i guess is the best way to ask. out side of that the car looks good and soild . ohh did i mention she has air and the best part a 4 speed . all this for 1500.00 and if I don,t buy her they are going to part her out!!! they cliam they can get close to that just for the volvo turbo rims. So the big question is should I walk away because it is going to be a money pit and never going to run right or should I buy her and spend a little time and money cleaning her up I have not seen many of this model there are still a lot of 240 4 or 5 doors but not 2 doors, I think it would be differnt at the cuirse nigths shows. I would like to thank you in advance for any input you have. have a great day.

I believe this is the post you are talking about.
I don't really know that much about the Mechanical injection. That was a little before my time.

If it were me I would probably buy it. Yes they are getting Very RARE.
Me I would spend a little money on it and try to get it going. Then if all esle Failed I would Drop a V-8 into it and keep going.

If you get it running good those things are Fast. They can keep up with a Stock Mid 80's to Mid 90's Mustangs.