Little arm that connects to throttle body

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2015, 11:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Little arm that connects to throttle body

Hello all,

There's a little "ball and socket" style arm (approx 3" long?) that attaches on one side to the throttle body and on the other end to a spring-cable device which essentially is the accelerator cable. One end of this arm's socket has worn to the extent that is won't stay attached to the ball. So when you push the accelerator peddle, nothing happens because you're disconnected. I can't find the part number for this arm. Nor can I find the part on the various Volvo parts websites. Has anybody had this happen, and/or know of where I could get a replacement part? I haven't called the dealer yet. At this point, I'm thinking that might be my only option unless I happen to find a salvage yard that has some older models with the similar 2.9 ltr engine.

Thanks
Matt

Old 08-13-2015, 07:17 AM
Default Found it.....

Took some digging. At first, I called my local dealer (Byers Volvo) and they said the part is only available by buying a whole throttle body ($300+). But this morning I thought..."the internet is a big place". So I started digging and found a couple dealer websites that had good parts pages with drawings. Eventually found the linkage I needed (pic attached). So my dealer was wrong. Word to the wise, don't always trust what the parts guy tells you....he might be wrong or misinformed. Makes me wonder what drawing he was looking at. Kudos to Lisle and Oak Park Volvo dealers. Both have good websites with drawings that let you (the buyer) search til your eyes are red for that elusive part.

Attached Thumbnails Little arm that connects to throttle body-linkage-drawing.png  
Old 08-17-2015, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by campbem
Took some digging. At first, I called my local dealer (Byers Volvo) and they said the part is only available by buying a whole throttle body ($300+). But this morning I thought..."the internet is a big place". So I started digging and found a couple dealer websites that had good parts pages with drawings. Eventually found the linkage I needed (pic attached). So my dealer was wrong. Word to the wise, don't always trust what the parts guy tells you....he might be wrong or misinformed. Makes me wonder what drawing he was looking at. Kudos to Lisle and Oak Park Volvo dealers. Both have good websites with drawings that let you (the buyer) search til your eyes are red for that elusive part.
i might have one of these in my garage, if not i can always pick one up next time i go to the junk yard.....are you us?

-Steve

Old 08-18-2015, 05:03 AM

Steve,
If you do have one, let me know. The one on order from Volvo is backordered for 4-5 wks. It's available....just gonna take a while.

Old 08-18-2015, 06:14 AM

Steve,
Yes, I am US. Ohio to be exact.

Thanks
Matt

Old 08-18-2015, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by campbem
Steve,
Yes, I am US. Ohio to be exact.

Thanks
Matt
ok i am gonna take a look tonight, if not i can always swing into a junk yard to get it. cant be more then a couple bucks to get and ship.

Old 08-21-2015, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by jands
ok i am gonna take a look tonight, if not i can always swing into a junk yard to get it. cant be more then a couple bucks to get and ship.
i dug through all my spare 960 parts and no little arm, i swore i had one. gave me a chance to clean up it as well....sorry let me know if you cant get it soon enough and i can go to the junk yard this weekend/ up coming week.